** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Soldato
The fan on the FE looks MUCH better than the other ones we had on older cards.

I'll wait for reviews, but the design/cooler on the FE looks like miles ahead of anything we've seen in the aftermarket ones. I just wish they put a 3090-sized one on the 3080 (or at least as an option). Would have made that thing pretty cool and quiet.

Caporegime
These things are going to be quite a decent step up! I've still got a 980ti, not a massive gamer etc.. but if/when VR improves etc.. could be fun to have a look at what the latest hardware is capable of... maybe I should look at getting one of the 3080s early next year.

Soldato
I'll wait for reviews, but the design/cooler on the FE looks like miles ahead of anything we've seen in the aftermarket ones. I just wish they put a 3090-sized one on the 3080 (or at least as an option). Would have made that thing pretty cool and quiet.

Hopefully the FE versions have 0db idle modes, previous versions didn't.

Associate
I don't change GPU every year or two, but the apparent performance improvements this gen seem too great to pass up. This will be the shortest I'd have ever owned a GPU (just over a year :p)

My last 2 GPUs I had for about 3-4 years each... :D If I get any longer warranty it can often help with re-sale value, or if the GPU ends up with a family member which sometimes they do, I can help if needed for any RMAs.

Touch wood, not needed to for a GPU yet though.

On this point are the warranties tied to the product or the owner ? meaning if you sell on I presume warranty transfers with it ?

Soldato
Tarnation, that KFA 3080 looks bonkers. I see a few other cards have cut-outs in the backplate around the same area KFA has added that anterior fan - what part of the PCB is that cooling?

It seals around the hole and pulls air through it, ensuring increased airflow. Not sure how effective that extra fan is compared to just leaving it empty and letting the main fans just push air through. It's user-removable as well, so people can try it either way.

Associate
It seals around the hole and pulls air through it, ensuring increased airflow. Not sure how effective that extra fan is compared to just leaving it empty and letting the main fans just push air through. It's user-removable as well, so people can try it either way.

I suppose if the extra franken-fan does nothing, it could still be pulled off and used in your case -- bonus.

Soldato
@Wilkeh
From ze first post.

Hi there

The NVIDIA 3000 series including RTX 3090, 3080 and 3070 are now ONLINE at Overclockers UK for your viewing pleasure.
You cannot place pre-orders yet but you can on the following dates:
- 3090 September 24th 2pm
- 3080 September 17th 2pm
- 3070 October

Associate
Can't order anything until we get published card sizes. Need to make sure it fits in my mATX cube case.

The Nvidia cooler looks so awesome I don't know if I even want a custom cooler on it :)

Associate
The dimensions should be listed on the manufacturer web pages of the cards, at least the ones i've checked.

For example the 3070 founders:
Length 9.5" (242 mm)
Width 4.4" (112 mm)
Height 2-Slot

Associate
Do we know which of the 3080 cards are using a reference PCB?

We know that the Founders Edition cards aren't using reference and I don't want to accidentally buy the wrong water block (or a card that can't be water-cooled at or near release).

Soldato
Do we know which of the 3080 cards are using a reference PCB?

We know that the Founders Edition cards aren't using reference and I don't want to accidentally buy the wrong water block (or a card that can't be water-cooled at or near release).

Not yet. But use the lists of compatibility provided by block manufactures. They’re usually the most accurate.

Associate
I thought Cornwall was the south-west lol?

Sometimes us Cornish reluctantly concede Devon is in the south west but on the whole anything the other side of the Tamar is "Up North", Heck i even take an emergency pasty with me when ever i have to go over the Tamar

Back
Top Bottom