• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Soldato
I have pre ordered an Asus TUF card with an ETA for 21st, which is fine. But, I too had it in my basket at the RRP of £649 and then it bombed out on the bit where you do the Paypal checkout, waited a while (perhaps 6 or 7 minutes) to see if I got any emails to say it had completed, checked Paypal directly etc, didn't get it by the looks of it, it's still in my basket and that says £649 still so I ran through the checkout process again and it worked this time, but came out at £698! ...I must admit that leaves a bitter taste doing that, a very bitter taste. I don't have an OcUK confirmation email but I do have an order number and Paypal was charged straight away.

Associate
Expect a load of orders to be horse ****. thats 5 friends now, all of us - "Sorry we over sold" - bull ****. You just putting up the prices. Theres so much shady behaviour going on here.

Caporegime
The sites were going down quicker than a whores knickers ffs, you'd think by NOW they would realise on a big gpu launch to have more server power on tap but nope, only been this way for 20 years...why break with tradition at this point. :rolleyes:

Associate
Saw this on the NVIDIA forums LOL

ahahahaha.jpg

Shocking - https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=rtx+3080&_sacat=0

Haha - https://www.ebay.com/itm/1243410088...zwuzrGx_BuFsQr13eWRb8OS_T-AuNAn60J23q6xTrzVNA

Associate
Bloodbath of a launch. Everything went down. Same as others, managed to order one, can see the order in my account's orders, money gone from my CC, but no email confirmation.

Associate
So I managed to get an order through for a FTW3 around 15.29pm which was £829.99 and now the price is £799? What the hell overclockers? :mad:

Associate
I have pre ordered an Asus TUF card with an ETA for 21st, which is fine. But, I too had it in my basket at the RRP of £649 and then it bombed out on the bit where you do the Paypal checkout, waited a while (perhaps 6 or 7 minutes) to see if I got any emails to say it had completed, checked Paypal directly etc, didn't get it by the looks of it, it's still in my basket and that says £649 still so I ran through the checkout process again and it worked this time, but came out at £698! ...I must admit that leaves a bitter taste doing that, a very bitter taste. I do have an OcUk confirmation email but I do have an order number and Paypal was charged straight away.

Perhaps surge pricing or whatever automation they have should be switched off during launches where the site is likely to get overloaded.
Seems unnecessarily anti consumer.

I would be livid.

Soldato
I have pre ordered an Asus TUF card with an ETA for 21st, which is fine. But, I too had it in my basket at the RRP of £649 and then it bombed out on the bit where you do the Paypal checkout, waited a while (perhaps 6 or 7 minutes) to see if I got any emails to say it had completed, checked Paypal directly etc, didn't get it by the looks of it, it's still in my basket and that says £649 still so I ran through the checkout process again and it worked this time, but came out at £698! ...I must admit that leaves a bitter taste doing that, a very bitter taste. I don't have an OcUK confirmation email but I do have an order number and Paypal was charged straight away.

Really is a scumbag move moving money and pricing at the final few seconds of people checking out, lost my respect OcUK, hugely so.

Caporegime
How can it be the weak £ when prices have been going up since 2pm, the zotac has jumped again in the last 20 mins

The prices started going up mere hours after the cards were first listed. I've said many many many time, they will ALWAYS find some BS reason to inflate prices.

Back
Top Bottom