NVIDIA's FCAT VR - now available

Associate
Really interesting, thanks for the heads up!

I wonder if I will be bothered through to set it all up, I have a 1080 arriving to replace my 1070 tomorrow... more likely I will just whack it in my rig and fire up my Vive.

However, the whole article is very interesting, didn't realise some of the VR tech had progressed like this already. Hopefully more games use tips and tricks to improve performance.

Soldato
Id dismissed it as a good for what for, increase the super sampling grab. Which when you consider you've already accepted the limitations of the tech, 700 sheets for something to look a bit better, was a little too much.

To see frames double over a 1070/980ti though gives it some major props, puts it very much in the consideration.

Also to see the 970 come up short with a game (paranormal activity) as in not work, says we might need to start powering up.

Soldato
It doesn't take into account ASW or ASR. Which makes games more than playable at higher settings. The article makes it look like you have to run out and buy a 1080Ti. But you don't really need to at all. The visual differences are so slight.

Associate
I didn't realise robo recall was so punishing. I just cranked it up to max settings set SS to 1.5 and enjoy! Regardless of any rendering techniques being used I jumped straight in and it seemed fluid throughout. There is certainly no need to grab a 1080Ti for me as I'm still on a 980ti albeit nicely overclocked!

Associate
A smooth 90 is so much nicer than having ASR kick in. I think you can tell... just feels off.

I still haven't gotten around to installing this tool, but hope to give it a go soon.

Associate
A smooth 90 is so much nicer than having ASR kick in. I think you can tell... just feels off.

I still haven't gotten around to installing this tool, but hope to give it a go soon.

Just checked its running a solid 90fps with around 25% headroom in robo recall with 1.5 SS. It only dips for a second when you move onto the next wave but actual gameplay stays at 90.

Back
Top Bottom