NVME BIOS password motherboard support

Associate
Are there any motherboards out there that support a BIOS password for NVME drives yet? Specifically the Intel Optane 900p drive.

It's plenty fast even with software bitlocker on but I hate not having the 100% performance I bought and this drive advertises AES256 hardware encryption so I want to use it. However my ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 has no support for it at all, nor do any other ASRock boards according to their support people.

@GIGA-Man are there any Gigabyte motherboards that support this? I know it's fairly niche but people are getting more security conscious every day so we want it.

Associate
OP
Well I'm not surprised that no one has an answer to this, as neither does Intel.

To quote Intel's response to my support ticket verbatim "A quick search on the internet suggests that there might not be any motherboards with the feature you require. Unfortunately this is something we at Intel® cannot help you with.".

So they, and indeed OCUK, advertise a feature that is 100% unusable on their most premium consumer drive.

Back
Top Bottom