1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NWA Straight out of Compton Movie

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Quint, 10 Feb 2015.

1. Deep

Soldato

Seriously just go out and buy Straight Outta Compton and N.W.A and the Posse

2. Scam

Capodecina

I saw this a little while ago and seriously can't wait to see it again. I thought it was fantastic.

3. MrMoonX

PermaBanned

really wanted to see this saturday, but my wife is in the early stages of labour, so she cried off lol

4. [email protected]

Wise Guy

Thoroughly enjoyed it, whether or not you know who NWA are, this is a very good movie.

5. CyZMyAssBaby

Mobster

Excellent movie. Well worth watching

Last edited: 1 Sep 2015
  6. fendi

Wise Guy

lol.

it was very good. really good to see into what really happened to the guys throughout their journey.

7. KiwiTaff

Gangster

Can't wait to see this, had some of Ice Cube's music on tape when i was a kid. Even the Eazy duz it album was awesome! Try and listen to some of the Wrecking crew's old mix tapes!

If they do a bio pic on the Wu Tang clan or Jurassic 5 or Bone Thugns n Harmony, I would love it! albeit they wouldn't be anywhere near as dramatic.

8. Smokey Deza

Wise Guy

Not my favorite but its very good.

Suge Knight was arrested for mowing someone down in his 4x4 when filming was taking place. Not surprising as in the film he beats down some guy over like NOTHING.

9. Deep

Soldato

Here's an extract from Wiki about how he got Dr Dre released from his contract with Eazy E

What a ****

10. Scam

Capodecina

I know very little about the 'scene' but by all accounts Suge Knight is a grade A **** and should have been behind bars a long time ago.

11. bluesouljah

Hitman

Do you think they are at the same level? Very sad if you do. Maybe watch the film and get some more insight. I grew up listening to this and it was huge amongst us all.

12. CyZMyAssBaby

Mobster

21 seconds of a wannabe garden gnome wearing a pointy hat, suffering from an identity crisis.. Hell no

Last edited: 2 Sep 2015
  13. Deep

Soldato

He's a horrible, horrible human

14. SoliD

Capodecina

Went to see this last night, absolutely fantastic film, with some great performances to capture what happened at the time. Great to learn some new bits about the whole era too, being too young to experience it first hand. Soundtrack was obviously great, with the way they used short bites of a large chunk of songs, and then extended some of them out depending on the part of the film. Also loved the reference to Friday towards the end, really want to watch it again now :D

15. lokiss

Mobster

Saw it this afternoon.

Incredible to think how naïve the whole situation was. You'd have thought with the serious money going around, that more people would have been looking from the outside in.

They don't show the transitions between the various labels, but it's hard to imagine just how simple it was all shown with near zero ramifications for anything.

Despite being a documentary, nearly 3 hours at that, im walking away with more questions. Ill get digging, which says I enjoyed it.. No masterpiece, but if you have anything for the era, the times and the music, and you were all about it, you'll like it.

16. toshj

Mobster

Saw this last night - really enjoyed it. Well acted, well written and excellently directed.

17. fendi

Wise Guy

there is so much to the story of these guys lives that they could have made it 4 hours and i would have been hooked all the way through.

18. Fuggan

Wise Guy

Anyone else think it set itself up for a sequel? Aftermath!

19. CyZMyAssBaby

Mobster

Dont think so. far to much history between the members.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N.W.A

20. Scam

Capodecina

By all accounts the first cut wasn't far off 3.5hrs :p

I saw this for the second time last night. Absolutely great film.