NZXT phantom dust issue and new fan

Associate
Not sure if this should go here or in mods...

I recently busted my 200mm fan on my NZXT phantom case (the one on top) so I'm looking to buying a new one, while I was at it I thought it might be worth looking into some anti dust measures as having looked at the back there's a huge build up already which is worrying!

Having read a couple of posts it seems the NZXT 200mm fans are the only ones that will fit (or that this is the only case they fit into...) can anyone recommend a way to stop dust entering the case?

thanks in advanced.

Soldato
Dust filters on the intake fans.

Afaik the only cases NZXT 200mm fans fit into is select NZXT cases. Provided you have 30mm of room a Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm will fit up top.

Associate
OP
Dust filters on the intake fans.

Afaik the only cases NZXT 200mm fans fit into is select NZXT cases. Provided you have 30mm of room a Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm will fit up top.

Having read online those don't seem to fit the case? have you installed these on a phantom before?

Soldato
I have no problems of dust with my phantom, where is the case? If it's directly on carpet may be easier to put it onto your desk or something? Where mine is and it's dust free pretty much. :D

Soldato
Having read online those don't seem to fit the case? have you installed these on a phantom before?

You are correct! I have a BitFenix Colossus and a Phantom and tried the 200mm fan from the Bitfenix in the top of the Phantom and the mounting screw holes dont line up. Im also on the look out for the said same fan.

Back
Top Bottom