o11 Xl Rog Build

Soldato
Thats a concern of mine too.

My PCH and RAM already gets very warm (ram 50c) and PCH hits 80c.

I'm considering doing push and pull side on the side rad and adding a rear exhaust fan.

Has anyone tried having all their radiators push heat out, does that work?
Have always been told positive pressure was the best for cooling more fans drawing air in than pushing it out

Soldato
Soldato
Associate
Thats a concern of mine too.

My PCH and RAM already gets very warm (ram 50c) and PCH hits 80c.

I'm considering doing push and pull side on the side rad and adding a rear exhaust fan.

Has anyone tried having all their radiators push heat out, does that work?

I did that for a while when my GPU was in the loop but I do have the side as intake. I never had a problem with temps in that config.

Since going to a 3090 FE, I've had to manage air flow in and out to get things right.

Associate
OP
YDOGPfh.jpg

its been a while since my last update as the motherboard I wanted was not in stock but managed to finally get the X570 Dark Hero I have been waiting for but have also managed to get a few other things for the build as well like hard tubes and EKWB vertical gpu mount. looking to get 5900x or 5950 end of July time

Associate
can the ROG logo be removed from the side panel of the X11? its annoying me
Sorry for the necro, yes, easily. Stanley knife sharp angle against the glass, won't scratch. Done twice now.
First time because was needed. The little crap was lifting some corners, cut my fingers when I was wiping the panel.

Regarding temperatures, you should be fine.
The regular O11D was quite close to the ground. The XL have more clearance and unless it is over some thick carpet blocking the bottom, should perform fine.
Gamer Nexus review of the XL can confirm that.
Owned both, and yes, the XL bottom intake works as it should.
The only issue, depending how you're planning to use the GPU, the back of the GPU can get very hot, even when watercooling the "usual" side. Not as bad for the 3080, but true for the 3090.
Quite sad to recommend another block (£130ish for the back), but the difference is night and day for temperatures.
Gaming my 3090 stays at 40-45C max, and Memory Junction low 50's.
Fans at 50% max, usually 45-48%.

Last edited:
Associate
I stuck some heat sinks onto my back plate using thermal tape. Having said that, my card is a 3070 and I have no way of monitoring memory junctions but I was a bit paranoid :p.

My case is the Metallicgear Neo Qube which is basically the Phanteks equivalent, as couldn't get the O11 at the time. Used to have a rad on the bottom (intake) and a rad on the top (intake) and the side used for exhaust but have since changed that as went with vertical mounted gpu. Now using rad on side (intake), fans on bottom (intake), rad on top (exhaust). It might just be subliminal but I feel like the latter setup is proving better

Associate
That's the way I have better temperatures here too. Bottom and side intake, top exhaust. Top rad fislrst one after the blocks, as most of the heat is expelled.
Same results with the O11D and O11 Air.

Back
Top Bottom