O11D vs O11DXL

Associate
I currently have a Fractal Define C which fits everything I need and does a fantastic job of keeping noise down, but feels a bit tight with the 3090 and also leaves me concerned regarding heat with the amount of heat the 3090 throws out.

Untitled by mikehhhhhhh, on Flickr

I was thinking that something like an O11D with more space will allow for better cooling, I also think they look cool.

I'm wondering from those that have them, whether I need to jump to the XL to get what I want from it?

Associate
Hiya, I just had an XL delivered today.

I originaly had the normal one on order but cancelled on got the XL. Couple of reasons but one that may be relevant to you. I understand that the 3090 FE on the standard 011 will be very tight against the glass, well the power cables will anyway. That was my main rason for getting the XL.

The extra HD hotswap cages are usefull as I also use my PC as a plex server.

I will be using it with an arctic 360 probably in the top. 3 Intake on the side and bottom and one extract at the rear. Fairly conformtable that is going to give me much better airflow than currently and the 3x intake direclty below the 3090FE should be nice.

When I move in a couple of months I am going to be redoing a full loop ( I tore mine out when I started upgrading last year to my 5900x and the 3090) which is what prompted the intal look at the 011 in the first place.

Associate
I'm another that's gone dynamic to xl. Just better all round tbh,
1. wider which is good for current gen gpu
2. compartment divider has plates to fill the fan holes if you don't use them
3. can fit a dual loop no problem (I'm using 120 FLT and 240 FLT)
4. can fit a circa 60mm rad in the top or a 360 PE in push/pull
5. provision for a 120mm exhaust fan at the rear
6. bottom panel has a quick release 360/240 which is... alright
7. jazzy argb strip on the front is a win
8. 2 pairs of usb 3.2 on the front
9. reset switch(!!!).

All win from my pov.

Associate
I'm another that's gone dynamic to xl. Just better all round tbh,
1. wider which is good for current gen gpu
2. compartment divider has plates to fill the fan holes if you don't use them
3. can fit a dual loop no problem (I'm using 120 FLT and 240 FLT)
4. can fit a circa 60mm rad in the top or a 360 PE in push/pull
5. provision for a 120mm exhaust fan at the rear
6. bottom panel has a quick release 360/240 which is... alright
7. jazzy argb strip on the front is a win
8. 2 pairs of usb 3.2 on the front
9. reset switch(!!!).

All win from my pov.

nice, any photos of your loop? As mentioned I will be putting a new one in and was thinking something similar, was going to go 2 x 120 FLTs though.

Thanks

Associate
240 FLT just arrived today and I'll fit it tomorrow, just waiting on parts for the gpu loop to arrive in stock, don't think my block will be here here till 2nd week Feb....

I'll take a pic tomorrow and post here.

XL has provision for 3x120 on the dividing panel plus a small maybe 40-60mm slot at the top so 120 and 240 should fit no problem as long as you use the FLT front ports and not the bottom ports.

Associate
240 FLT just arrived today and I'll fit it tomorrow, just waiting on parts for the gpu loop to arrive in stock, don't think my block will be here here till 2nd week Feb....

I'll take a pic tomorrow and post here.

XL has provision for 3x120 on the dividing panel plus a small maybe 40-60mm slot at the top so 120 and 240 should fit no problem as long as you use the FLT front ports and not the bottom ports.

Nice one, thanks. I have tried not obsessing over it too much since I promised the Missus I wouldnt do it till we move. The lack of the 3090 FE block from EK is helping :d

Associate
I previously had the O11D Razer edition which I sold last year as I planned to get a 3090FE.

I was having trouble fitting in my GTX1080ti FTW3 as it was just so tall the cables were jammed up against the glass and it was actually pushing away the adhesive from the glass over time. I decided as the 3090 was somewhat a similar size, and especially due to the new 12pin connector and is ugly adapter, I would just go with the XL to remove that issue entirely.

fast forward to now, can’t even find an XL in stock anywhere for retail price and I’ve now found another case that I like just as much! So now I’m looking at either an XL, or a Meshify 2. The latter is unfortunately not yet on OCUK so it looks like I’ll be waiting a while yet anyway :(

Take it from a previous non XL owner. The extra width that the XL gives you will allow so much more freedom not only with better cooling capabilities on the bottom of the case, but also a nicer cable bend going into the GPU as it won’t be bashed up against the glass, sounds stupid, but cable routing can make or break a build for some.

Hope this helps.

Associate
I previously had the O11D Razer edition which I sold last year as I planned to get a 3090FE.

I was having trouble fitting in my GTX1080ti FTW3 as it was just so tall the cables were jammed up against the glass and it was actually pushing away the adhesive from the glass over time. I decided as the 3090 was somewhat a similar size, and especially due to the new 12pin connector and is ugly adapter, I would just go with the XL to remove that issue entirely.

fast forward to now, can’t even find an XL in stock anywhere for retail price and I’ve now found another case that I like just as much! So now I’m looking at either an XL, or a Meshify 2. The latter is unfortunately not yet on OCUK so it looks like I’ll be waiting a while yet anyway :(

Take it from a previous non XL owner. The extra width that the XL gives you will allow so much more freedom not only with better cooling capabilities on the bottom of the case, but also a nicer cable bend going into the GPU as it won’t be bashed up against the glass, sounds stupid, but cable routing can make or break a build for some.

Hope this helps.

OC just got stock in for the XL - well mine was delivered today anyway. I had mine on order since the end of November though and before the price creeped up a bit.

Associate
OC just got stock in for the XL - well mine was delivered today anyway. I had mine on order since the end of November though and before the price creeped up a bit.
Was the white one in stock? It says due today on the site so I assume it will be updated soon? It’s a shame it’s not the normal price though, IIRC it used to be 189.99.

Associate
Was the white one in stock? It says due today on the site so I assume it will be updated soon? It’s a shame it’s not the normal price though, IIRC it used to be 189.99.

I got the black but they all were showing the same due in dates as I had been tracking. Considering they said due today but mine was actually delivered today I assume they have or at least had some stock.

Oh and saw you mentioned about the ugly adapter for the 3090. Def recommend picking up a custom cable- got mine from Moddiy , it's awesome and so much better than the adapter.

Associate
OP
I've just measured, and it seems there is about 21mm spare between the side of the card. Measuring how the corsair 12pin cable sits naturally, it leaves me about 1-2mm spare.

I really like the idea of having a rear fan as part of my motivation was to include better cooling for the graphics card with bottom fans.

My dilema is that I already ordered a dynamic before I saw any replies to the thread, based on the XL not fitting between the legs of my desk. It's not too much drama to send it back, I guess.

Associate
I've just measured, and it seems there is about 21mm spare between the side of the card. Measuring how the corsair 12pin cable sits naturally, it leaves me about 1-2mm spare.

I really like the idea of having a rear fan as part of my motivation was to include better cooling for the graphics card with bottom fans.

My dilema is that I already ordered a dynamic before I saw any replies to the thread, based on the XL not fitting between the legs of my desk. It's not too much drama to send it back, I guess.

I would always go for the XL but you are still going to have options if it seems yo have clearance, I just found loads of pics of peoples cables squashed.

Cooling wise you are still goign to have plenty of improvements even with the standar 011.

Man of Honour
Just to add, I've got an O11D Razer, with a 3090FE. The cable is 3-4mm away from touching the glass, so if you had a card wider than the FE (if there even is one?) then it wouldn't fit

Associate
OP
Just to add, I've got an O11D Razer, with a 3090FE. The cable is 3-4mm away from touching the glass, so if you had a card wider than the FE (if there even is one?) then it wouldn't fit

Thanks, that helps.

Feeling much better about it knowing the cable won’t be touching the glass.

Associate

Great to hear the cables don’t touch! for me I think that’s just a little too close for comfort, especially as I plan to get some white cablemod cables in my OCUK order and don’t want them to be all squished.

I’ll definitely be going with either an XL or a Meshify 2. Literally just missed out on another 3090 FE drop so it will probably be a while yet until I actually get my pc re-built again.

Associate
I got the black but they all were showing the same due in dates as I had been tracking. Considering they said due today but mine was actually delivered today I assume they have or at least had some stock.

Oh and saw you mentioned about the ugly adapter for the 3090. Def recommend picking up a custom cable- got mine from Moddiy , it's awesome and so much better than the adapter.
White O11D XL now due 10.02.21 looks like I’m in for a longer wait than I hoped for. and yeah definitely going to look into custom 12 pin cables.. I just missed out on the 3090 FE restock yesterday so I’ve got plenty of time to research.

Associate
Great to hear the cables don’t touch! for me I think that’s just a little too close for comfort, especially as I plan to get some white cablemod cables in my OCUK order and don’t want them to be all squished.

I’ll definitely be going with either an XL or a Meshify 2. Literally just missed out on another 3090 FE drop so it will probably be a while yet until I actually get my pc re-built again.

I did give serous consideration the meshify XL. that is a beast of a case.

Back
Top Bottom