O2 reception - Need to cancel contract.

Soldato
I've been having issues with my O2 reception for a couple of months, where at times there is no service at all. Despite their map claiming good service, it's now getting beyond a joke. As I use my phone for business I can't afford dropped calls, no service or a bad line. I've used other network sim-cards and had much better results, so want to cancel and move on.

I've called their CS who suggested a new sim, which I tried with no change in service. I called them back but got the usual "you'll have to buy yourself out of the contract" speech.

Has anyone had any luck cancelling with 02? Their CS is appalling, with the usual scripted responses which lead nowhere. So far I've had a useless reply on Twitter and that's about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Associate
If you don't notice within 14 days of the contract starting then you are stuck with it.

There is no legislation for whether you can cancel if you get low signal and unless your contract has a network guarantee you are screwed.

Associate
Well, you should get them to raise it as a network fault, or try and do it through the website, I know you can raise a lack of service fault with Three via their website. Are you losing signal while indoors or outside too?

Associate
I've been having issues with my O2 reception for a couple of months, where at times there is no service at all. Despite their map claiming good service, it's now getting beyond a joke. As I use my phone for business I can't afford dropped calls, no service or a bad line. I've used other network sim-cards and had much better results, so want to cancel and move on.

I've called their CS who suggested a new sim, which I tried with no change in service. I called them back but got the usual "you'll have to buy yourself out of the contract" speech.

Has anyone had any luck cancelling with 02? Their CS is appalling, with the usual scripted responses which lead nowhere. So far I've had a useless reply on Twitter and that's about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

After the initial 14 day period you cannot cancel the contract unfortunately ! was it OK before ? maybe it's maintenance or something

Soldato
OP
Initially the reception was ok most of the time however I'm using it more while driving and find there are a number of dead spots that are clearly marked as covered by the O2 map. I did some research and found O2 have been fined twice this year for poor coverage and user disruption. I understand the 14 day period to cancel but if the network becomes poor after this time surely they're not providing the service I'm paying for and I should be able to cancel?

Their twitter feed and Facebook page are covered in similar complaints so its not an isolated issue.

Associate
Initially the reception was ok most of the time however I'm using it more while driving and find there are a number of dead spots that are clearly marked as covered by the O2 map. I did some research and found O2 have been fined twice this year for poor coverage and user disruption. I understand the 14 day period to cancel but if the network becomes poor after this time surely they're not providing the service I'm paying for and I should be able to cancel?

Their twitter feed and Facebook page are covered in similar complaints so its not an isolated issue.

it will be a difficult one, you will need to prove that it's intermittent coverage and match it with their coverage map, you may also need to get ofcom involved (know some one who had similar experience with vodafone)

It won't be a simple cancellation sadly.

Back
Top Bottom