Obi Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Soldato
So just watched the fight between O1k and Vader, not really sure why folks are calling it the best star wars fight? It's not a patch on anything from the prequals, let alone the fight between Luke and Vader in Empire (No 1). There was no real tension and the fight choreography was poor. Guess folks are just easily pleased these days.

Soldato
i see space balls is coming up a few times on the reviews of ep6, i loved spaceballs and tbh i can see it, especially, i think its private a55hole the gunner on the imperial ship :cry: :cry:

0c1d7224e1bc5a1ca5aba6f6189af000.png

What an absolute pile of dog poop. I wanted to like it just at least a little bit, one tiny thing but really I was all bad in the end.

I think back to the man I was 1/2 years ago when I heard of kenobi was getting a series, imagining all the interesting things we will find out, and now if today me spoke to that person, to tell them one interesting bit of information that I learnt from kenobi, I couldn't think of one.

I would much prefer a series that was a flash back between episode 1/2/3, and then the main time is supposed to be between 3 and 4 if that makes sense.

So it'd jump back to time 1.5 when a anakin was a boy/early teen, then back to now time, then maybe later jump to between episode 2 and 3 when anakin was a young adult, giving us a glimpse of a mission that further shows why anakin fell, taking the angle that maybe we end up feeling sorry for anakin etc.

You get nothing. Some rubbish for leia, some rubbish for luke, no new information, just scenes with them being in it as kids.

Avoid imo

Soldato
I enjoyed it. I think some people forget who this content is been produced for. It's Disney and they have an audience that is a vast demographic. These shows are not being written just for middle aged men who were around for A New Hope in 1977. My nephew who is 10 watches them and loves it, his mum even has got into it and they aren't sitting with their clapper board demanding re-shoots of every scene because its a bit far fetched, lacks continuity with every nuance of the original or has a bit of a cheesy script at times. I think the show explores a bit more about the torment that the main characters feel and fills in some of the background to the original films. Its straddles the requirement for fast paced action and character development quite well and at least introduces another strong female. What is doesn't do is tread on any of the Clone Wars storyline which I think is fine.

To class it as "a pile of dog poop" is is grossly unfair. It may have some flaws but I found it entertaining and I looked forward to every episode. It wasn't as good as the Mandolorian but I'll happily watch the next series if there is one.

Soldato
no its not written for those of us middle aged,, its written for the woke brigade, that get offended by their shadow, thats disney through and through these days, superman will be replaced by supertran and darth vader will be replaced by a eco warrior non binary :rolleyes:

Soldato
I enjoyed it but once again I can't help but pick holes, from memory and correct me if I'm wrong -

"I should have killed you when I had the chance"

Chance intensifies

Chance missed, again.

Soldato
So just watched the fight between O1k and Vader, not really sure why folks are calling it the best star wars fight? It's not a patch on anything from the prequals, let alone the fight between Luke and Vader in Empire (No 1). There was no real tension and the fight choreography was poor. Guess folks are just easily pleased these days.

People have been conditioned to accept poor quality entertainment as long it has the right brand slapped on it.

Soldato
"‘I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, I am the master!’" doesn't make sense with this new meeting between them retconned into the saga

Soldato
Is this the result of a generation of writers being brought up on comic books or something? How many tv shows are going to be written by complete ******* donkeys? Vader basically carried the whole show on his back with some decentish attempt at acting by Ewan McGregor. First two episodes I almost gave up with two near identical chase sequences with that girl actor that runs like a 5 year old.

Back
Top Bottom