Obi Wan Kenobi (Disney+)

Man of Honour
As a casual Star Wars viewer, that recap was utterly incomprehensible.

It is definitely one of the mainstream Star Wars fans - anyone not overly into Star Wars will struggle to follow it initially and anyone hardcore into it will be picking holes in a lot of stuff.

Personally fairly positive about it so far - quite a bit of good stuff and nothing so annoying I was itching to fast forward past it. Pacing was a little odd at times and felt like there was at least 2 scenes cut which weren't critical but the jump felt a bit jarring.

I just don't get any feeling of menace or danger from the Sister.

Did feel a bit emo and you kind of felt like Obi would have dispatched her with ease.

Soldato
I just don't get any feeling of menace or danger from the Sister. And Leia isn't great either. It feels like the Writers and Scriptwriters have never actually met a ten year old girl. She's clearly younger than that, 7 or 8 it feels like.

tbf we know how its going to pan out thanks to the films so it kinda removes the danger from both characters, will be interesting how they manage that, if they attempt that at all.

Soldato
"it's been ten years" why is Leah like 5 years old then, pretty obvious casting error

Let's wave out of a blacked out window on the shuttle, little things like this I find annoying

The 3rd sister doesn't suit the part at all doesn't feel aggressive or intimidating at all

The scene of Obi wan finishing work, 3 times?

Other than that I liked it really, only watched the first episode so far and it could have been worse but hope it gets better

Soldato
I've watched both episodes and they were alright. I'll carry on with them.

Bear in mind, I've not seen the prequel films since they were first released and the first two were so awful that I didn't bother with the third.

As a casual Star Wars viewer, that recap was utterly incomprehensible.

Was that Vader at the end?
Wow how could you not watch part 3 which is superior of the 3? You should watch now, perfect timing.

Soldato
I enjoyed it. Slow pace built up the story. Ewan as likeable as always.

Not sure about the obsession this forum has over supposedly 'woke' choices. Moses was fine, got better with more screen time. Hope they delve into her back story she refers to.

few quirks like when leia was running away from the kidnappers - very jarring and broke the immersion.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Soldato
I watched part 1 in a rather giddy state last night, but cba starting the next part as I was so disappointed. The acting is horrid, not helped by a clunky script.

Does it get any better on that front?

Permabanned
I enjoyed it. Slow pace built up the story. Ewan as likeable as always.

Not sure about the obsession this forum has over supposedly 'woke' choices. Moses was fine, got better with more screen time. Hope they delve into her back story she refers to.

few quirks like when leia was running away from the kidnappers - very jarring and broke the immersion.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Didn't see anything woke.....it's just the standard obsessed forum hams. :cry:

Soldato
"it's been ten years" why is Leah like 5 years old then, pretty obvious casting error

Let's wave out of a blacked out window on the shuttle, little things like this I find annoying

The 3rd sister doesn't suit the part at all doesn't feel aggressive or intimidating at all

The scene of Obi wan finishing work, 3 times?

Other than that I liked it really, only watched the first episode so far and it could have been worse but hope it gets better

The actress who played Leia was 9 when they started filming so she wasn't far off the right age.

Associate
Really, surprised at that I would have guessed about 6, maybe I'm alone with that though.

Fair enough though if that's the case
I thought she was about 5, runs like a toddler , bad direction if she put that on. My initial thought was what 5 year old talks like that, so when the 10 was mentioned , what the flip.

Not impressed so far, but will plod on. If its just The Mandalorian with a very annoying child then might not see it through.

Soldato
Hopefully leia isnt in much and ends in next ep or two and moves on, hopefully not to luke either as he might be annoying to watch too. More focus on obi doing his own thing and learning about u know who now he knows more.

Soldato
That's because they get more views for hating stuff...can't trust most YouTubers either.

Alternatively - Pick a reviewer whose views on other films/shows matches you own irrespective of the media they happen to broadcast on (TV/paper/Youtube etc). A blanket statment of Youtube is mostly hate so don't trust it (to paraphrase) is asinine at best and just a lie for the overwhelming vast majority of reviewers at worst.

Back
Top Bottom