Occasional whole shut downs and restarts

Soldato
OP
This is an odd one. I had a look at my power strip to remind myself how many sockets it had, just in case I decided to replace it with something else. What I found was that the wireless charger pad I had plugged into it a few days before was only plugged in about half way.

It seemed unlikely to be the cause, but I located the plug correctly - and no issues since for 5 days. This is after 4 shut downs in 3 days starting from the day after I bought the charging pad.

So, I am tentatively thinking that was the issue. Something to do with a poor contact there causing power spikes and troughs maybe? :confused:

Soldato
OP
Well that theory was shot down in flames the night before last, as I got 3 shut downs in one night. The repeated shut downs would make me consider an overheating problem if it weren't for the fact that it's never presented like that before. Previously after shut-downs it has started up again very happily after and run fine. (And even on this occasion, we're talking 20 mins or more between them.)

I have replaced the extension cord with others I had to hand, as a quick and easy experiment.

I am not ignoring the advice to do a memtest - just got to find the time to get around to doing it.

I'll keep reporting back, in case the results of this thread turn out to be of any use to another.

Back
Top Bottom