Octopus Agile Vs Go?

Soldato
It's not usage data really you need, historical Agile pricing data is almost useless right now. You need to look at the outgoing prices if anything, but you also need to see how much you can send out (at a higher rate) vs take back (at a lower rate). The SEG isn't fixed with Agile, and it totally uncapped, so you can be paid £2 kWh or more if things go crazy like last year. :)

Caporegime
I guess you don’t want to always charge it though otherwise your Excess solar has no where to go. And free is cheaper then 5p

Soldato
Yes, I'm plotting using home assistant to smart charge my battery too - ie if it drops below 5p, then charge at 5kwh regardless of time. If it goes above 20p then switch house to use battery over grid and so on...!

It can be beneficial to dump your whole battery (almost) out at peak times, even if that means paying for some of your evening electricity as you will on average being paying less per kWh to buy it back. You just need to work out your heavy load hours, but if you look at your region data it will help.

It's amazing how much data there is to analyse, I''ve spent way to much time looking at it but I feel like I am way more informed now. Still gathering data though, so I can look at changing again in the near future. :)

Associate
OP
A sunnier or damper area than Ron-ski....
It can be beneficial to dump your whole battery (almost) out at peak times, even if that means paying for some of your evening electricity as you will on average being paying less per kWh to buy it back. You just need to work out your heavy load hours, but if you look at your region data it will help.

It's amazing how much data there is to analyse, I''ve spent way to much time looking at it but I feel like I am way more informed now. Still gathering data though, so I can look at changing again in the near future. :)

Heheh, yes, do remember doing a bit on grid management at uni (electrical engineering) so loving this idea of running our own powerplants!

Should be getting installed in 5-6 weeks or so, although batteries will be a bit later in the year as gone with the brand new ones!

Back
Top Bottom