OCUK App!

Caporegime
I love this website on my mobile. I actually like it because it isn't a chopped down mobile version.

Only fair to mention my phone is a galaxy note though.

I'm on galaxy nexus and prefer it to avf mobile app for example
It's faster and light weight with no bloat

No change

Soldato
Meh - full fat on the phone is fine:

322fd62d.png
7412a937.jpg

Soldato
Orcvader said:
Shouldn't this be in the Mobile section ?

There's an app for Android here. Don't think it's an official one though, just a forum reader. I noticed someone on the forum using this so I decided to give it a try, but it's pretty rubbish. Browsing and posting on a web browser feels much better.

I find it works great on my tablet

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Man of Honour
I love this website on my mobile. I actually like it because it isn't a chopped down mobile version.

Only fair to mention my phone is a galaxy note though.

Even on ip4 I hate mobile sites with a passion, any modern phones, displays desktop websites fine.
I wish there was a browser setting that would tell all sites what version you want and that tappa talk app pop up thing, irritates me.

Associate
Even on ip4 I hate mobile sites with a passion, any modern phones, displays desktop websites fine.
I wish there was a browser setting that would tell all sites what version you want and that tappa talk app pop up thing, irritates me.

There is - in some browsers at least. For example, Opera Mobile has a setting for whether you want the user agent to report as a mobile browser or a desktop browser.

Caporegime
I tried to create one for iOS but I failed. I just couldn't get it to pull data to my app. Would love to be part of a team creating one but this just won't happen.

Soldato
I force full desktop mode all the time for sites with a mobile version. Phones are good enough now to handle it all.

They should be, but currently its a more painful experience than it should be :(

Mixed font size

2ch2ej8.png

Replying is even worse!

6gea90.png

Caporegime
I dont have any problem with using the forums on my phone, nor did I on either of my last two. Text is all fine, everything re-sizes perfectly fine, nice and accurate etc.

Motorola Milestone, 480x854 res, Android 2.3, stock browser
HTC Sensation 4G, 540x960 res, Android 4.0, stock browser (I found the screen perfect for forum use, it is very easy to read minute text)
Motorola Razr I, 540x960 res, Android 4.1, stock browser/Chrome (AMOLED so I have to zoom more to read text)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd really like to see a mobile version, fullsize sites usually involve too much zooming in and scrolling to use properly, plus performance and load times can be an issue. A slimmed-down mobile site would be great, and the people who want to keep using the full site could continue to do so regardless.

Top Bottom