OcUK BMW aerial challenge

Don
Some little dick snapped off my aerial in Hackney on Saturday, I've since spent the next two days searching in vain for a replacement base. I have the screw in aerial thing but need a new bit that it screws into because thats filled with snapped off aerial bits and pieces :mad:

please help it's driving me slowly mental, surely someone else must have required one of these items before, my google and bmwoem searching skills are clearly crap :(

xxx

Don
OP
coz it's a convertible the aerial is external and not built into the rear glass, see back left in this piccie

aerial.jpeg

aren't I the lucky one

Caporegime
it's completely not that one, thats the bit I have, its the bit it screws into :p

That's my point though, the other aerials linked are not the radio antennae, but are infact for communications systems (car phone, bluetooth external aerial, gps).

If this is the radio aerial that you have lost the screw part of the base, it doesn't appear to be listed as a part.

Soldato
Can you not weld something to the bit of aerial that is still stuck/screwed into the base and then "unscrew" it to get it out that way?

Don
OP
Can you not weld something to the bit of aerial that is still stuck/screwed into the base and then "unscrew" it to get it out that way?

tried making a flat head screwdriver notch in it but the metal is just too mallable (sp?), then tried drilling it out that made things worse so I decided the internet was my next friend.

found the partcode thanks to one of the links above, ordered from my friendly OEM part chap and £9 lighter I'll soon be back on track :cool:

merci beaucoup tout!

Back
Top Bottom