OcUK Curborough Sprint Circuit - Monday 20th March 2017

Soldato
Howdy,

Finally I have confirmed the booking for Monday 20th March 2017.

The cost of hire is £680 for the full day. This works out to £45ish each if we get 15 runners. Bargain.

To show commitment and help prevent no shows which would cost us all more monies, I would like to have deposits of £20 sent to me via whatever means you're comfortable with. Please trust me your email address for details. The rest will be payable in cash on the day depending on the amount of runners etc.

Please ensure to bring the cash on the day to pay before you run.

So, lets get on with the runners below:

1. ScoobyDoo69 - 2016 Subaru WRX STi - DEPOSIT PAID
2. Plenty O'Toole - 2009 Honda Civic Type R - DEPOSIT PAID
3. tweadbean - MINI of sorts
4. --Mike-- - R56 MINI Cooper S JCW - DEPOSIT PAID
5. Frozennova - Mazda MX-5 1.8i Turbo - DEPOSIT PAID
6. scaza - Mazda MX-5 - DEPOSIT PAID
7. agw_01 - 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - DEPOSIT PAID
8. Housey - Audi R8 V10 Plus (?) - PAID IN FULL
9. Adz - Car TBC - DEPOSIT PAID
10. kindai - Nissan GTR - DEPOSIT PAID
11. Mini Type R - DEPOSIT PAID
12. Mark - Subaru Impreza Turbo Wagon - DEPOSIT PAID
13. Gibbo - 2016 Ford Mustang V8 - DEPOSIT PAID
14. ADE - 2016 Ford Mustang V8 Convertible - DEPOSIT PAID
15. Shaid - JDM Subaru Legacy - DEPOSIT PAID

Running Order:

At the start of the day we will begin with 5 minute slots to just familiarise yourself with the track layout and to get as many people through the track as possible.

After the first of the 5 minute slots are complete we'll move to 8 minute slots which means 2 hours between runs. If this is deemed too short or too long we'll adjust. I've often found people wanting more than getting their fill after 5 minutes due to the size and nature of the circuit.

I will require people to help out with ensuring that people are ready to get on and off the circuit at their allotted time. I'll ensure to have some lists printed for people to go by.

Obviously if there are any issues this is completely up for discussion.

1. --Mike-- - R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2. scaza - Mazda MX-5
3. Shaid - JDM Subaru Legacy
4. Adz - Car TBC
5. Gibbo - 2016 Ford Mustang V8
6. tweadbean - MINI of sorts
7. Mini Type R
8. kindai - Nissan GTR
9. agw_01 - 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
10. ADE - 2016 Ford Mustang V8 Convertible
11. Frozennova - Mazda MX-5 1.8i Turbo
12. Housey - Audi R8 V10 Plus
13. Mark - Subaru Impreza Turbo Wagon
14. Clarkey - Nissan Silvia
15. ScoobyDoo69 - 2016 Subaru WRX STi

Spectators:

1. tweedbean - MINI of sorts

Track layout below:

Curb8layout_zpsls6f5qeu.jpg

Videos of Curborough below:

Thanks in advance!

Official Rules (might be outdated but these are the ones I have)

Summary:

• All participants need to sign the indemnity form which I will bring around
  • Cars allowed on track only between 10am and 5pm
  • No more than one car at a time on track driven at speed
Official Extract:

SHENSTONE & DISTRICT CAR CLUB LTD

CURBOROUGH SPRINT COURSE

ABBREVIATED HIRING RULES - PRIVATE HIRE

1. Private hire means use of the sprint course hard surface only for testing and driving, not for any organised competition with declared results. The time of hire is negotiable, but will normally be booked for 10am to 1pm or 2pm to 5pm for half-day sessions. Access to site is permitted before your session but no actual running on the course must take place before 10am or after 5pm.

2. Spectators other than associated personnel are not permitted and the main gate must be kept closed.

3. No more than one car at a time is to be driven at speed on the track. A maximum of 5 cars per session is permitted for full course testing and a maximum of 15 cars per day for top loop track days. ALL DRIVERS MUST SIGN THE INDEMNITY, which must be returned to the course secretary after the hire. Note the Road Traffic Act still applies to drivers as this is not an authorised event under it.

4. CARS MUST BE SILENCED (to MSA regulations) and noise must be kept to a minimum, especially in the region of the start.

5.The tarmac loop at the sprint course start must not be used at speed, OR as a base for transporters or service vehicles, i.e. only personnel & equipment connected with starts must be in that area. It is suggested that the normal paddock or ambulance slot is used as a base for access to the track, and one vehicle at a time travels down to the start SLOWLY then returns to paddock after crossing the finish line.

6.If continuous running required (e.g. for running in a competition car) use the top loop of the circuit only, i.e. turn right after crossing the finish line when running clockwise. When using the course for a 15 car track day it is suggested that the track is accessed at the flagpole, and the area between the paddock and the sprint course start is coned off.

THE COURSE MUST NOT BE USED FOR “DRIFTING”.

7. Course markers. These are located on the line between paddock & start, and at the start of the "rumble strips". They screw into "cat's eye" sockets and should be left in place when you leave.

8. All buildings must be locked after use. The site must be left clean and tidy. Any damage must be reported immediately to the Course Secretary.

9. SAFETY & MEDICAL; Hirers are responsible for fire, emergency and medical equipment and are recommended to organise qualified medical personnel to be in attendance. Note a telephone is not available on site.

10. INSURANCE.

Hire for non-MSA permit activities carries public liability insurance which covers Shenstone & District Car Club and the Landowner for a minimum limit of indemnity of £5,000,000 any one accident, and indemnity in respect of their legal liability to third parties arising from the hire. The charge for this is included in the fee payable for each hiring session. IMPORTANT - the liability that might be incurred by drivers carrying passengers whilst testing at speed is not normally covered by insurance and drivers should be made aware of this fact, however carrying passengers in road cars may be covered by normal car policies. SDCC and the Landowners do not recommend the carrying of passengers and will accept no responsibility for it taking place.

12. CONTROL AND RESPONSIBILITY.

In order to maintain insurance cover when the SDCC policy is in effect, we are required to appoint a representative (normally the main hirer) who must be present ALL THE TIME THE COURSE IS BEING DRIVEN ON AT SPEED. Such person will be responsible to SDCC for ensuring compliance with these rules.

The above is an extract of the full hiring rules, which are available on request.

Last edited:
Soldato
In. I'll pop you a trust to get some payment details?

If we need to make the numbers up I could ask a few friends that frequent Curborough but will wait and keep it as OcUK exclusive as possible for now.

Soldato
OP
Sorry, should have said, trust me your email addresses. Happy for any method of payment, so I'll reply with whatever you want to use. Obviously if using PayPal, please gift it so I don't get charged!

Back
Top Bottom