ocuk ex demo systems???

Associate
Hi looking for a new gaming pc and came across the ex demo systems, are these recomended as i can get a better spec that way or is it a gamble?? i could afford one with a 1080ti and a decent monitor formy budget or i could just buy a system and wait for the monitor

thanks in advance

Soldato
It's not bad. Nearly £300 cheaper than buying new using equivalent parts:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,289.52
(includes shipping: £14.70)

But less warranty on parts, e.g. 1 year on PSU v 7 years, 1 year on 980Ti v 5 years Zotac 1070, etc.

It doesn't say how much RAM or what speed.

Associate
If you're playing Racing Sims the Rift is for you, seriously, there is no going back to monitors once you play a racing sim in the Rift...the immersion is incredible.

Associate
I think I'm going to go for this however the only thing that's stopping me is I might not like the vr

How do you mean you might not like the VR? Worried about sickness? Honestly, if you get disorientated just play in small stints until you get your VR legs. It doesn't take long. Close your eyes if you spin out though cos that's really weird. Honestly for Sim Racing VR is brilliant, I genuinely wouldn't swap my rift for a 4k screen if you gave it me...

Soldato
CPU no issue. But you may be interested in asking the spec to be modified with a better 500/550W PSU that can deliver its full rating on the +12v rail instead of just 396W. Will be better for future upgrade options. It should cost £40 extra for a straight swap between the Kolink 500 80+ and this SuperFlower 550W 80+Gold for example:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Also note that the mobo only has two memory slots, so you could consider just getting 2x8GB rightaway instead.

And a 250GB SSD instead of the 1TB HDD, to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom