OcUK Exclusive: Saitek Eclipse 2 Gamers Keyboard now available at OcUK!!!!

OcUK Staff
HI there

OcUK now has complete UK exclusive on this amazing new product from Saitek:-

Saitek Eclipse 2 Illuminated Keyboard - Blue/Red/Purple (KB-019-SK)
Saitek2_tripleshot.jpg

Man lives in the flourescent-lit world of what he believes to be…reality…but there is, unseen by most, an after-hours world…a place that is just as real, but not as brightly lit or well-ventilated…a dark side. It can be found in my parents’ basement during one of my twice-weekly LAN parties. Just brush aside those Taco Bell wrappers, plug your PC into the network switch, and make yourself at home. Hope you brought a Saitek Eclipse II Illuminated Keyboard, because I can’t concentrate with the lights on. Like a crucifix brandished at an advancing horde of vampires, its backlit, laser-etched keys keep the forces of darkness at bay. Choose from berserker red, royal purple, and – my personal favorite – Merlin blue backlighting, and adjust it with the dimmer mechanism. The Saitek Eclipse II isn’t just about the light show, either. With a sturdy, weighted base and a great tactile feel, your fingertips shall wanderest through the realms of gloom in comfort fit for a suzerain. And beware, impudent multimedia files: here there be hotkeys! The dark side is always there…waiting for us to enter…waiting for the Saitek Eclipse II. Until my next LAN party, try to enjoy the daylight.

- Key characters and keypad illuminate through laser-etched keys
- True-Vu key illumination in three colors - Change between Blue, Red and Purple at click of a button
- Media keys for volume control, play/pause and skip tracks
- Variable backlighting adjusts through dimmer mechanism
- Angle adjustment and extendable wrist rest for maximum comfort to suit the way you type
- Weighted base with large area rubber feet to keep keyboard securely planted to the desk
- Quiet, cushioned keys for hours of stress-free use
- Familiar 104 key layout
- USB interface for easy connectivity
- System requirements: Win 2000, XP, XP64

Price: £34.99 (£41.11 Including VAT at 17.5%)

BUY NOW!!!

We have 1000 units arriving possibly tomorrow but in order to play it safe lets say stock is more likely to be with us Wednesday for sure as we are in the hands of couriers as the boat docked this weekend and hence why we can offer this truly stunning keyboard at such a great price. :)

Soldato
At last!!
Been awaiting these for about a month now.
Saitek said end of the week for UK stock so it looks like you've beaten even them to it.
*Gets Credit card out*

*Edit*
Gibbo - Do you happen to know the dimensions of the keyboard and if the wrist rest is detachable at all?
I've got this slightly awkward sized computer desk and although I'm 99% sure (from all the pictures I've seen) it will be fine, it would be handy to confirm.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Not many pictures around of this keyboard as Saitek not officially launched it yet as we do direct deal with them because they know OcUK is best in UK and so they ship us 1000pcs early to see how initial demand is and they give us cracking price.

So here is some images I found on google:-
saitek-eclipse2.jpg

saitek_1_thumb.jpg

160987770044e956166b441.jpg

eclipse2purpleahuge.gif

Here is a review with plenty of pictures:-
http://www.techgage.com/article/saitek_eclipse_ii_illuminated_keyboard

Another Review:-
http://hardware.gwn.com/reviews/review.php/id/48/

Looks like Saitek did a sterling job this time round more features, more stylish and far superior build quality and OcUK's price is a cheap if not cheaper than the guys in the USA can buy this keyboard for.

OcUK Staff
OP
nikebee said:
are these the UK layout or US layout?

These should be UK, but we shall double check upon recieving them. Ordered from Saitek and as were in the UK one would hope that they'd send UK versions to a UK address. :) ;)

Associate
Excellent - been waiting for this :)

edit> can't see these on site yet? take it they will be up on wed.

Last edited:
Soldato
"1000 Units arriving Wednesday 25th September 2006"

Isn't today (Monday) the 25th?

------------------------------------------

I think i'll be getting one of those.

Been looking for a KB for a while, but the old Saitek just didn't grab me enough, and the G15 was about 45miles too big for my desk.

Looks great, got to get one asap.

Soldato
Order placed.
Thinks like keyboards & mice are not usually something to get excited about.
I have a Logitech G5 mouse which is great - gotta love the weights and being able to weight it how you want.
My old Logitech Internet keyboard has been losing the stickers off the caps for a while.

I was close to buying the original Eclipse keyboard too.
However I was told about the Eclipse II (It's been available in the US for about 6-8 weeks, but rare).
The reviews I read just said that it's just the most amazing keyboard.
Take away the "lights" the dimmer switch, the three colours.
As a stand-alone keyboard it's is just more comfortable than any other.
This is what sold me because if I'm typing away I need comfort.
Now add-in the colours and brightness settings (apparently the purple, not too bright is excellent for night-time typing) and I'm definitely sold.

Soldato
I been looking to buy a new keyboard so spent a few hours last week reading up, I did see the new Saitek Eclipse 2 on their official site, but decided that I liked the look of the original Eclipse better.

B0007TJ7TE.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Just ordered two Saitek PZ30AU Eclipse keyboards (£29.36) from OC.co.uk like two days ago :)

Is it me or is the new Eclipse 2 fugly?

Back
Top Bottom