1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: OcUK exit poll and general election results thread

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Rilot, Dec 12, 2019.

?

For whom did you vote?

1. Brexit

8 vote(s)
    1.2%
  2. Conservative

227 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. DUP

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  4. Green

12 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. Labour

204 vote(s)
    30.6%
  6. Liberal Democrat

117 vote(s)
    17.6%
  7. Plaid Cymru

4 vote(s)
    0.6%
  8. Sinn Fein

2 vote(s)
    0.3%
  9. SNP

23 vote(s)
    3.5%
  10. TIG

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. UKIP

1 vote(s)
    0.2%
  12. Other party

7 vote(s)
    1.1%
  13. Independant

4 vote(s)
    0.6%
  14. Spoil ballot

7 vote(s)
    1.1%
  15. Didn't bother to vote

49 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StriderX

Capodecina

I mean if you bothered to read my posts, you'd realise I don't like him, he was a necessary evil in a potential hung parliament and it's no longer relevant, so I no longer care about him.

EDIT: Seems you edited... well my post is still relevant.

2. RoboCod

Capodecina

I do not, I live in Notts but I've been in Witham for a few days for this election.

3. Nitefly

Man of Honour

4. Gimpymoo

Capodecina

[​IMG]

5. robfosters

Caporegime

Most MP’s aren’t. I’ve met countless MP’s and cabinet ministers in my time and none of them have been stuck up. It’s their position and media driven public persona that makes them seem that way.

6. Combat squirrel

Capodecina

7. Minusorange

Mobster

They have been slowly destroying it for their duration in power, now they'll get even more time to slowly destroy it some more and most won't notice until it's too late

8. mysticsniper

Sgarrista

hahahaha, brilliant response.

Labour and the Lib Dems are way out of touch with the majority of the UK.

9. thenewoc

Soldato

:D

10. Jono8

Caporegime

11. robfosters

Caporegime

At least Jonathan Ashworth must feel vindicated

12. easyrider

Caporegime

Working class people who voted tory, just **** in your hands and clap

13. terley

Mobster

we voted tory.

14. RoboCod

Capodecina

Mate, I've met a fair few ends in politics but she was quite refreshing and not obviously tailored so.

15. Combat squirrel

Capodecina

Completely sensible policies and in many EU countries normal 'boring' run of the mill stuff - shows how far public manipulation has gone in the uk

16. Raikiri

Capodecina

Hell, if you earn less than £80,000 a year it's shooting yourself in the foot.

17. thenewoc

Soldato

Presumably their actual forecasted vote share as zero last time.

18. Mr C

Hitman

So, after recovering from the initial shock from the exit poll and it seems the early results are mirroring it quite well, i will assume that the poll is roughly correct.

Firstly I felt extremely disappointed with the public voting in this way but after some reflection i believe this is probably the best outcome (I voted LD and want to stop brexit).

Positives of this outcome (if it follows the exit poll):

Corbyn is finished, no more weak opposition, Labour HAVE to pivot to the centre and be a respectable opposition

Scotland has cemented itself as a country that does not care for English politics and the SNP are going to have to put in their best effort to maintain standards in Scotland over the next 5 years. Should brexit end badly (no deal after 1 year or protracted extensions beyond 3+ years) and the reputation of the SNP is still good, independence is likely. This is going to at-least prevent an exodus from the UK regarding jobs in London, it would be very likely that Scotland would allow current UK citizens to cross the border freely and corporations would likely move HQ to the north to maintain regulatory alignment with the EU regarding service provision.

Johnson's majority will be so large, the fringe elements of the party will have very little power now, you could reasonably conceive that we end up with an EFTA type agreement by the end of this as the UK realises that it cannot get away from being intertwined with the EU and the 1922 committee can't play political brinkmanship anymore. The Tories will never give up such a large majority with a no-deal brexit, they are going to do everything they can to prove to the public that they can be re-electable in 5 years. More on the point of Johnson, he is now in the spotlight, no more hiding, no more passing the buck, this is his government, his party, his legacy and he will be the sole face of responsibility for what is to come (as was Blair for his time in office).

I am a great believer of accountability, the same can be seen in the US, Trump won the election and it shone a light on his clearly corrupt, selfish and narcissistic behaviour. Even if Trump doesn't get impeached, i truly believe once he leaves office he will be prosecuted for what he has done previously and during his time as President. So now let us watch Johnson, with the same level of scrutiny we have given Trump and if he will live up to his grandiose bluster or be destroyed by his endless lies and broken promises.

19. mattyfez

Sgarrista

I've never met one that wasn't stuck up and self entitled , they don't seem stuck up as long as you kiss thier bums. Maybe that's where you're going wrong with your appraisal.

20. NickK

Capodecina

Hmm 42% votes results in 80% seats? Seems odd from a logical perspective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.