• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

-== OcUK Extreme GeForce GTX 280 Amazing Deal! ==-

I was tempted to pick one of these up to SLI with my current one but in the end came to my senses, I can't really justify spending £200 when I'll have to increase AA to 8x which I don't need to see any kind of improvement over a single GTX280. :p

is there any point with upgrading from a bfg gtx260oc edition to a whatever comes through the door 280? is the difference that huge? i can see the point going from a 8800gts 320 to the 280 but a 260 to the 280! hmmm i am trying to resist and talk myself out of it in the other hand though!!! :D

is there any point with upgrading from a bfg gtx260oc edition to a whatever comes through the door 280? is the difference that huge? i can see the point going from a 8800gts 320 to the 280 but a 260 to the 280! hmmm i am trying to resist and talk myself out of it in the other hand though!!! :D

If it's a 192-SP 260 you have then most certainly.

i can play most of my games on max apart from crysis dx10! so it does not balance the books as we would say!

If your card is a core 216 I would save the money mate, you will notice next to no improvement. Even if it is an older 260 unless it is struggling in your games you may be best off holding on for the next batch of cards in a few months time.

Forgot to mention I am running a GTX 280, got one of the last EVGA cards before we sold out the first time. Slightly gutting when some BFG GTX 280 OC2 cards were up for grabs. :p

These cards are still great for fans of tasty graphics, even if they don't like (play) Crysis.
Want 2560x1600 and 8xAA in your favourite game? This card supplies it.
My 8800GTX was great fun for playing Max Payne 2 at 2048x1536 with plenty of AA a couple of years back.

just ordered one:D
Was gonna get the ocuk Maxore 260 which was tempting with the games.
But GTX280 at that price? no-brainer

Just checked out stock levels and I almost fell of my chair, sales have really picked up tonight.

By the way its going if you want one get in quick as I doubt there will be any left by mid afternoon.

These sales have got to be putting smiles on faces. Businesses need a flow of income, even if they aren't selling stuff at max profit, and of course PC gamer consumers love and need high end kit at great prices.
Bargain.

These sales have got to be putting smiles on faces. Businesses need a flow of income, even if they aren't selling stuff at max profit, and of course PC gamer consumers love and need high end kit at great prices.
Bargain.

These are being sold well below distribution cost at the moment. ;)

being serious now... i have just bought a 260 oc at xmas and for me too justify getting a 280 i would have to also qualify for free delivery or otherwise its not worth it... and guess what i don't qualify!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as i am a new member!

Back
Top Bottom