• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

-== OcUK Extreme GeForce GTX 280 Amazing Deal! ==-

Hmm....looks like there is still stock...
It would be nice to swap my noisy 8800GT for it, btw. is it noisy ? if you compare it to the GTX 260 (which is silent for me) ???
KR

A few questions for you fellas

Would it fit in my case?
Are there new cards around the corner? I take it this card is the 4th best going, so how long will that last?
Does this card provide a HD output?
Would my rig run it ok? Ive got X3 HDD's

The card is around 260-270mm in length, so if you have enough space from betweeen the PCI expansion brackets to the hard drive cage of the case, it just be able to fit in fine. Get a tape measure or something just to check. The PCI-E power connection for the card is also on the side, and not at the end like with the ATi cards, so it won't take up extra length room.

The new 285/295GTX's are out now, but not really worth the price, especially for the 285GTX. As for ATi, we don't really have any idea what they are planning yet.

And yes with your Corsair HX520W, it is more than enough.

It works no problems from what I've seen, you just won't be taking full advantage of it obviously. 4x PCI-E and your CPU, umm yeah. At least if you decide to upgrade later on, you will have the card ready for it :D.

True enough, my setup strangles my 8800GTS 320 tbh :o

Can't even overclock it, the boards not upto it.

Cheers anyway.

The card is around 260-270mm in length, so if you have enough space from betweeen the PCI expansion brackets to the hard drive cage of the case, it just be able to fit in fine. Get a tape measure or something just to check. The PCI-E power connection for the card is also on the side, and not at the end like with the ATi cards, so it won't take up extra length room.

The new 285/295GTX's are out now, but not really worth the price, especially for the 285GTX. As for ATi, we don't really have any idea what they are planning yet.

And yes with your Corsair HX520W, it is more than enough.

Thanks, do you know much out watching HF through it?

Soooo tempted to order a second card and sell whichever one overclock's the least. Don't really care about the brand or bundle so long as it hits 700/1500/2500 and up:).

Back
Top Bottom