***OcUK FIRST - OCZ Vertex 3 Available to Pre-Order!***

OcUK Staff
OP
Well I've been holding off because of the extra 20 quid over other retailers but in fairness to Gibbo he's earned it from me so I'm ready to place an order. If I order one tonight am I likely to get one by the end of the week or early next week?

Best case Friday/Saturday, worse case Monday/Tuesday.

I've just got the confirmed shipping information, this time they are finally on their way. I should have asked OCZ for the shipping info first time round but normally when they say they have shipped something, they have actually done it.

Soldato
I guess we just need to prey that they can clear our Pre-Orders on Thursday ensuring that we (assuming no courier fail) get our orders on Friday. I'm not sure why I am looking forward to this lol, I'm sure it won't feel any faster than my C300.

Associate
im sulking that they didnt arrive.. as i ordered all the parts to build a nice new system..
i5 2500k
P8P67 Pro
ripjaw 1600ghz 2x4gb
MSI 6950 (will make it a 6970)
OCZ 700w PSU
and a Vertex 3

sold my old system to a friend so now no backup..

then BAM! no vertex... so no system :'(

on a backup samsung netook ;_;

i trust gibbo to get it sorted at fast as poss though ;)

Associate
The wait has been so long that I'm starting to question whether I can justify the £220! Stupid OCZ, how dare you rob me of the opportunity to impulse buy! Had I got it when first expected it would have been too late to do anything about it!

Associate
Okay, I've ordered mine. As long as I get it by early next week at the latest I'll be happy. Not sure who DX secure are who will be delivering it. Must be a new courier.

Associate
I don't like the sound of that... surely they haven't dropped DPD who were providing an excellent service... with 1 hour delivery 'windows' too, which was great!

Any comments from the 'staff' perhaps?

Well I didn't mean to take this off topic so we'd best discuss this elsewhere. Should note though that DPD was still available but for a charge. It may just be that they use DX secure for smaller packets instead of royal mail. (although royal mail was a chargeable option)

Associate
Does OCZ set the RRP?

As I've been speaking with another online store who don't have the 120Gb in stock but will do it £32 cheaper than OC.

Associate
So I might actually get my new system shipped this week sometime? Call me cynical but I'll believe it when I see it! (Not a poke at OCUK but more at OCZ who have lied through their teeth for this whole debacle!

Oh n, j3r0m3, guess it's a choice between cheaper price for no stock, or dearer price and you might actually getting it before christmas!

Associate
Oh n, j3r0m3, guess it's a choice between cheaper price for no stock, or dearer price and you might actually getting it before christmas!

When buying four, the cost of £128 is not worth getting it early. And I've heard many scare stories of stock from retailers and then viola - they appear everywhere...

Associate
When buying four, the cost of £128 is not worth getting it early. And I've heard many scare stories of stock from retailers and then viola - they appear everywhere...

I sincerely hope that that is not going to be the case and I don't believe Gibbo would risk misleading his valued customers and forum members like that. If they do appear everywhere I would try and reclaim £20 as I have only ordered at £140 due to the promise of stock and the suggestion that stock will not appear anywhere else for ages as OCUK have acquired all that is available.

I'm sure the only reason OCUK felt they could charge £20 more than everyone else is that they can actually provide valuable and honest information from their suppliers. That is definitely worth paying for assuming it comes true.

Associate
I agree that paying a "bit" extra for the work and info Gibbo has put in is normally worthwhile, and whilst I definately don't doubt Gibbo's sincerity, I perhaps doubt some of the info OCZ are providing.

However the £20 price bump did put me off ordering here, as I was still debating the purchase anyway. I finally decided on getting one today, had very little trouble finding some stock, and got it cheaper than the pre-bump price here. I try and order everything from OcUK, especially when there is only a few quid in it, as the service is always exceptional - this time I feel the bump was just too much. My option was preorder more expensive here, or walk-in elsewhere, pay less, and go home with the drive.

Drive looking good so far, however speeds are fairly appalling on my motherboards Marvell controller. Just did a full BIOS update, and trying to get info on drivers etc now, but currently way slower than my 32GB Intel SLC SSD (Vertex3 < 170MB read).

Associate
I agree that paying a "bit" extra for the work and info Gibbo has put in is normally worthwhile, and whilst I definately don't doubt Gibbo's sincerity, I perhaps doubt some of the info OCZ are providing.

However the £20 price bump did put me off ordering here, as I was still debating the purchase anyway. I finally decided on getting one today, had very little trouble finding some stock, and got it cheaper than the pre-bump price here. I try and order everything from OcUK, especially when there is only a few quid in it, as the service is always exceptional - this time I feel the bump was just too much. My option was preorder more expensive here, or walk-in elsewhere, pay less, and go home with the drive.

Drive looking good so far, however speeds are fairly appalling on my motherboards Marvell controller. Just did a full BIOS update, and trying to get info on drivers etc now, but currently way slower than my 32GB Intel SLC SSD (Vertex3 < 170MB read).

Where on planet earth did you walk in and get one? ***DON'T SAY***. Try it on your intel controller. Are you sure you picked up the right drive? :p

Associate
^^ :) Not going to fall into that trap, but yes, walked in, paid a nice price, now installed. Motherboard is P7P55D-E LX, so will try it on the Intel controller and see what happens - won't be good tho will it, on SATA2?

It's fully detected as SATA3, and CID recognises it's xfer rate as 6Gb/s... just very slow on the benchmark. Continuing to play with it. Just went back to the Windows-detected driver rather than the Marvel one, and reads upto 256, writes upto 198, which is an improvement.

Associate
^^ :) Not going to fall into that trap, but yes, walked in, paid a nice price, now installed. Motherboard is P7P55D-E LX, so will try it on the Intel controller and see what happens - won't be good tho will it, on SATA2?

It's fully detected as SATA3, and CID recognises it's xfer rate as 6Gb/s... just very slow on the benchmark. Continuing to play with it. Just went back to the Windows-detected driver rather than the Marvel one, and reads upto 256, writes upto 198, which is an improvement.

You bought a drive specifically designd for use on 6gbps and you're using it with a 3gbps controller. I'm so confused right now! Why did you waste your money so? of course you're going to get slow transfers!

Am I missing something?

Back
Top Bottom