• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK First to bring AMD RX 6900 XT SUB £1000 !!!

Associate
Scalpers will still target the initial paper launch of the 4000/7000 and some will buy from the scalpers. You can't just blame the scalpers but also those who buy from them

Soldato
They could artificially restrict stock to inflate :confused:, with the founders drops so not bothered just hope AMD this time do UK drops as well

Soldato
They could artificially restrict stock to inflate :confused:, with the founders drops so not bothered just hope AMD this time do UK drops as well
Not sure why you think FE will be a thing come next gen and if it is they will come pre-scalped by Nvidia.

Soldato
Not sure why you think FE will be a thing come next gen and if it is they will come pre-scalped by Nvidia.

When was the last time Nvidia didn't do founders card for previous generations ? 9 ,10 , 20 , 30 series all have had founders didn't check beyond that

Think pretty high chance it will be priced lower than AIB cards ? 4080 Fe £700-£750 ? Considering the 3080 Fe is £649 ?

Last edited:
Soldato
When was the last time Nvidia didn't do founders card for previous generations ? 9 ,10 , 20 , 30 series all have had founders didn't check beyond that

Think pretty high chance it will be priced lower than AIB cards ? 4080 Fe £700-£750 ? Considering the 3080 Fe is £649 ?
FE has traditionally been priced higher than AIBs so I expect things back to that trend especially when you see the Nvidia pricing of the 3080ti and 3080 12GB.

Soldato
Yeah after 2 years ? To be replaced later in the year ?
Err that's been pretty much the trend for the last 10 years. Companies have got good managing stocks and tracking demand cycles that you never really see large discounts prior to a new launch. Also the price of everything has gone up massively over the last 18 months, were lucky to get cards at mrsp.

Soldato
Both NV and AMD are DESPERATE for one last gouge now mining is dead, and suddenly they want to sell cards to gamers! what a novel concept! (they didn't give a crap about gamers a few short months ago or over the duration of this generation in truth).

One last gouge on soon-to-be outdated tech! One last go at pulling your pants down!

"Amazing prices" on 2 year old cards that are still a grand apiece, LMFAO.

:cry:

Be strong guys!

Soldato
Err that's been pretty much the trend for the last 10 years. Companies have got good managing stocks and tracking demand cycles that you never really see large discounts prior to a new launch. Also the price of everything has gone up massively over the last 18 months, were lucky to get cards at mrsp.

Wasn't expecting large discounts , what we had recently was something different

Associate
Hi all,

Good deals! (Finally!) I like Sapphire but am a bit unsure on the differences between the various air-cooled versions. They seem very similar. I thought the Nitro+ SE had 3 equal sized RB fans, but the first post is labelled SE but with the smaller middle fan no RGB like a non SE, and now also the Toxic version.

Is the old non SE discontinued now?

For those who have more knowledge/experience in these variants than me please, what would be the difference in performance between these air-cooled versions? Nitro+, Nitro+ and Toxic in percentage terms (on average/ballpark). Is any one of them XTXH?

What is the best 6900xt air-cooled available? (Sapphire or other AIB) I’m looking for something to push a bit beyond 4k on a 5k2k ultrawide res. (5120 x 2160) - Ideally hitting or close to 60fps. Running in a sub 15l case.

Thanks,

d

Caporegime
Hi all,

Good deals! (Finally!) I like Sapphire but am a bit unsure on the differences between the various air-cooled versions. They seem very similar. I thought the Nitro+ SE had 3 equal sized RB fans, but the first post is labelled SE but with the smaller middle fan no RGB like a non SE, and now also the Toxic version.

Is the old non SE discontinued now?

For those who have more knowledge/experience in these variants than me please, what would be the difference in performance between these air-cooled versions? Nitro+, Nitro+ and Toxic in percentage terms (on average/ballpark). Is any one of them XTXH?

What is the best 6900xt air-cooled available? (Sapphire or other AIB) I’m looking for something to push a bit beyond 4k on a 5k2k ultrawide res. (5120 x 2160) - Ideally hitting or close to 60fps. Running in a sub 15l case.

Thanks,

d

Not sure about the SE, that would be question for Sapphire directly if you contact their support.

They are all similar. However, I understand the orange air cooled Toxic to be the best binned, as it has a boost rated up to 2500Mhz. Out of all of them, this would be my preferred choice.

I do not believe any of them are XTXH models though, that includes the orange Toxic.

Back
Top Bottom