OCUK founder Spie passes away

Caporegime
I didn't know him but condolences to his family and friends. Reading some of your stories of time spent with him really paints a picture and you sound very lucky to have known him. Enjoy your memories guys.

Don
I've already posted in here, but now I want to post about the good and happy memories I have with Mark and the rest of his family.

The OcUK 10th brithday party was a blast, I had only known Mark around 18 months by this time and this was the first time my wife met Mark and the rest of his family. At six AM we were in the hotel reception, still drinking and singing "Tom Jones - Delilah"

was the first time my wife had met him too though I had met him from early days of OcUK, I was in bed well before 6am at that party :o

Man of Honour
@NathWraith Thoughts are with you and your family mate, I have been around these forums for many years and although I never directly met your dad what interactions I did have with him around motors etc were always pleasant. Your dad has left a legacy and made OCUK what it is today. Your right to be proud of what your dad did and what he achieved.

R.I.P Spie you will be missed.

Soldato
Really sorry to hear this. All of us at the very least owe a debt of gratitude to Spie for what he created and what it's given back to us over the years. Rest in peace Spie.

Soldato
So sorry to hear this news having been a member of the forums since 2005 I have seen a lot of changes.

Spie created a great community OCUK come under a lot of fire back in the day but as the years passed this changed he no doubt created one of the best community forums / Computer business out there today.

You can see that he was a very determined person and in the end he got the fruits of his labour It is so sad to see his life taken so soon.

Soldato
Sorry to hear this, i met him at the OCUK Trackday at Donnington where i "think" he was driving a M3 Evo (Don't Quote Me) Having been a customer and a member for a significant amount of time this has come as a shock. RIP

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Very sad news. Such a shame to pass so young but we can all be proud of what he achieved :)

RIP

Back
Top Bottom