• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
Glad I ordered when I did tbh (27th May) - yeah we've waited a while but I've also got the card cheaper than what I would've paid if we had to wait for them to arrive in stock, before we could place an order.

Yeah me too - seeing price now makes it feel like I got a great deal lol.

Associate
I don't think anyone from OC or EVGA can win here. Plentiful updates, firmest evidence yet that the cards will be in tomorrow, and now people complaining that some people got free sat delivery and some didnt. Jeez, heaven forbid royal mail/DPD delay your parcel by a day too, wouldn't want to be knocking on your guys doors.

Soldato
Glad I ordered when I did tbh (27th May) - yeah we've waited a while but I've also got the card cheaper than what I would've paid if we had to wait for them to arrive in stock, before we could place an order.

Ditto, paid for at the good price with the flex to cancel and reorder if Brexit went the other way... Sensible if you ask me ;)

Well some people would have still had best part of £700 in their bank accounts for past 5 or 6 weeks!

What does it matter if you knew you were committed to spending it anyway? In actual fact you probably saved about £60 by paying when you did. The interest on your £700 for 6 weeks probably calculates to about £0.10 so they did you a favour.

What number you in the queue?

27 May 2016 16:33:00 (2 x 1080 FTW)
Current position: 27th in queue.

Associate
Really? Do you see any other vendors on here posting updates? Fair play to Ben for constantly posting here. You really need to get things in perspective, its a damn graphics card after all.

Read my post again. I quite clearly prefaced my comments by fully acknowledging it was a "first world problem".

Ben is posting on here for his job. He's in sales and clearly as can be seen from posts on here the reputation of EVGA as offering strong customer service works in their favour. That's the benefit you get from doing it, the downside is if you screw up you've got to deal with the extra fall out in the open. That's why other vendors aren't on here, they didn't just not think of it, they've made a cost / benefit decision.

On 3/7 at 16:38 he posted in this thread regarding OC getting the FTW "and latest Thursday 7th unless any unforeseen circumstances"

Personally I don't see having to deal with lots of units of a massively in demand and pre-ordered item as unforeseen. Beyond the fact that yes in the bigger picture buying a graphics card is trivial I don't see an issue with frustration I've voiced. I went with EVGA due to their reputation re: customer services. They've been slow to get cards out and then they've caused a delay for a retailer that via this forum they're very publicly interacting with customers.

Soldato
Its taking Asus a month to get a 1000 cards working at their advertised overclocks. Which is why they have released to lesser overclocked cards since launch date to get rid of all the failed ones.

Seems odd as in other threads people have been saying all 10 series cards can hit 2000 clocks with ease.

Associate
As confusing as it is, the other option for release is to make you wait until now to order it. Would you rather have done that way so you could order and receive it the next day, which coincidentally would still be the same as this way round?
its a good point, if i knew it was gonna be 5/6 weeks when i ordered i would have bought a founders, even when i preorded at the time i "knew" i was going to have to wait a couple of weeks for it but never expected it to be this long, honestly i would have switched to another card like 2 weeks ago but because of brexit the cards have all gone up by a lot so im kinda stuck waiting....come to think of it maybe thats why they dont offer anything because they know we wil have to pay 56/60/70 quid to switch to another brand now

Last edited:
Soldato
Ditto, paid for at the good price with the flex to cancel and reorder if Brexit went the other way... Sensible if you ask me ;)

What does it matter if you knew you were committed to spending it anyway? In actual fact you probably saved about £60 by paying when you did. The interest on your £700 for 6 weeks probably calculates to about £0.10 so they did you a favour.

27 May 2016 16:33:00 (2 x 1080 FTW)
Current position: 27th in queue.

Wow you ordered nearly 2 and a half hours later and your 27th? I ordered May 27th 14:20 and was 8th yesterday.

Soldato
Wow you ordered nearly 2 and a half hours later and your 27th? I ordered May 27th 14:20 and was 8th yesterday.

Website was crashing for a bit I couldn't order but yea I think people have swapped in and out so much its pretty hard to say where I was originally... I also accidentally added a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 in the order too :D

Its cool though, looking forward to Monday now :)

Soldato
Website was crashing for a bit I couldn't order but yea I think people have swapped in and out so much its pretty hard to say where I was originally... I also accidentally added a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 in the order too :D

Its cool though, looking forward to Monday now :)

Yup. I would've ordered at 2:03, but OCUK site crashed took me a little bit to order.

Associate
Welp, no Strix today, which means best case scenario that delivery arrives tomorrow (thus technically hitting 'this week'), which means next week for delivery. Boo.

Associate
Read my post again. I quite clearly prefaced my comments by fully acknowledging it was a "first world problem".

Ben is posting on here for his job. He's in sales and clearly as can be seen from posts on here the reputation of EVGA as offering strong customer service works in their favour. That's the benefit you get from doing it, the downside is if you screw up you've got to deal with the extra fall out in the open. That's why other vendors aren't on here, they didn't just not think of it, they've made a cost / benefit decision.

On 3/7 at 16:38 he posted in this thread regarding OC getting the FTW "and latest Thursday 7th unless any unforeseen circumstances"

Personally I don't see having to deal with lots of units of a massively in demand and pre-ordered item as unforeseen. Beyond the fact that yes in the bigger picture buying a graphics card is trivial I don't see an issue with frustration I've voiced. I went with EVGA due to their reputation re: customer services. They've been slow to get cards out and then they've caused a delay for a retailer that via this forum they're very publicly interacting with customers.

I agree with most of this, except I post on here not because I am told to because I want to. I run Northern Europe if it were my own business for EVGA. I am regional manager and I like the interaction with the consumer who buys my product.

I feel it is right to try and keep you as up to date as possible which is why generally you see me post evenings and weekends while I'm catching up.

Thanks for the patience anyway I look forward to making a number of you happy tomorrow.

Ben

Associate
I don't post here much, as I mainly just prefer to read what's going on. I ordered a FTW on pre-order day so I'm also annoyed at the supply issue, but the negativity towards Ben @ EVGA by some posters is ridiculous. I don't see any other GPU vendors on here, yet he puts himself in the firing line by choice. For that he deserves some respect.

Hope the negativity does not get to you Ben. I'm sure there are many of us who are not so vocal who appreciate your updates.

Back
Top Bottom