1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, May 27, 2016.

1. Daaaveee

Wise Guy

Just need to disable UEFI boot for PCI-E devices.

See the 8th post here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...21538/#4921538

Anyway back on topic. Those getting FTWs and SCs now let us know how you get on with your over clocks in the owners thread :)

2. mcdermotx

Gangster

To be honest man, it's not even something I've given a second thought to, as I've never even attempted using the box via a DP adaptor, as I keep the Vive to a separate system with a 980ti (though that'll be a 1080 as soon as EVGA get their StepUp program together)..........good to know there's somewhat of a fix in place for those affected though.

3. jommy999

Gangster

when you use HDMIs inside it will disable 2 of DP . so you need to make sure you connect your monitor ( one HDMI or first DP ) only the first 2 ports and DVI you see in picture

[​IMG]

4. Telecaster

Mobster

What a complete fail this launch has been, especially for EVGA, their reputation has taken a massive hit off the back of this complete shambles.

5. imfrostee

Associate

EVGA has been ten thousand times better than asus. No info at all on when I will receive my strix 1080

6. Griffildur

Wise Guy

Agreed.

They were number one on my list, so glad I changed and went with Zotac instead.

Everyone seems to be able to build cards and ship them, everyone except EVGA.

Couple that with funny statements that apparently EVGA shipped more cards than any other company when we all knew no one in UK has even seen a single EVGA card.

Not sure what's going on with them. Let's just hope it's a hiccup and they recover the ground and reputation they lost.

They do have a few good things going for them, UK centre, Step up but that's not enough to ignore the most important thing which is the actual delivery of the product ...

7. Wilkeh

Gangster

Finally had my email through saying I can collect. However I've been mad busy all bloody day at work so not had chance to leave the office, I'm still here now!

Will pop round in the morning :)

8. Gee

Mobster

Shipped!

Shouts to Gibbo & Ben for the updates we've received.

9. DougF1

Gangster

Did the Gaming X come in and go out of stock again?

10. czarny1910

Associate

Guys, if i preorder ftw now (yea i know GL to me :D). I must pay right now or just when i'll be <50 in queue is enough? It's just impossible to get it in Poland and don't think it will change in near future (month or more lol)
    soz for my english btw

11. Gerard

Caporegime

Order now, pay now assuming its directly from a debit or credit card, amazon payment can take longer.

12. Sasahara

Mobster

Is it profit if the value of that £ price is only worth the same or less in buying power? :)

13. Alchenar

Associate

People keep writing this but it's obviously not true.

Are you going to stop buying graphics cards now? Obviously not. Are EVGA in any materially worse position than any of their competitors? Not really.

Supply is thin everywhere, cards are flying off the shelves faster than they can be put on them. This is probably one of the most successful launches in history and I'm sure NVIDIA's reports will bear that out.

14. Five.Stars

Mobster

Fact - EVGA as well as Asus have been an utter shambles in the UK at least, and I believe wider Europe!

Other vendors have shipped a lot of non founders cards, as can be seen from out own 1080 owners thread. EVGA and Asus, nothing! Although EVGA are starting to trickle through.

15. Smffy

Mobster

No confirmation for me yet... Think I was 27 in the queue so hoping it will come later ;)

16. PoolG

Associate

You can buy direct from EVGA on their website. If placing an order on OcUK I'd pay with Amazon so they won't take your money until they have a card for you.

17. czarny1910

Associate

@up yea, but just when i'm getting notify from evga.com, 2mins after cards are sold out :E It's almost impossible to get it :(

18. s1xtyn1n3

Gangster

Has there been any news on why only 40 SC's turned up today rather than the promised 50?

19. clone

Soldato

I'm 6 in the cue for the EVGA 1070 FTW,my luck they will only get 5in .

20. roge8014

Gangster

Well that's pretty disappointing. I guess my X34a will have to stay in it's box for yet another week.

I assume someone over Ben decided to divert the 10 units elsewhere.