• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

OcUK Staff
OP
The good news is I am on allocations from Friday last week for all of Europe as my boss is away on holiday.

Was only tiny the stocks on the EU online store as we are prioritising backorders at the moment around Europe.

Only customers reporting this to us are receiving the stocks to clear as quickly as possible. As you will see more stock into OCUK this week as I have taken control of this since last Friday :)

Ben

Ben 1080 SC, FTW, Hybrid, Classified just send the entire EU stock to OcUK warehouse, we can sell it no issue. ;)

Associate
Well I've been owned by Amazon payments. Mine was meant to be sent out today (EVGA FTW) for some reason the payment is not going though. I've contacted Bank and Amazon they both can't see any problem.

I've spoken to OC. If I cant get the payment sorted with the Bank or Amazon ill have to cancel my order, go to the back of the queue and pay the new higher price.

Anyone got any idea what i can try, im sort of out of options i think?

Associate
I'd just google like mad to try n find other people with same prob,.. if you haven't already. Problem's got to be somewhere!. Sorry i've got nothing more specific. Best of luck

Associate
Well I've been owned by Amazon payments. Mine was meant to be sent out today (EVGA FTW) for some reason the payment is not going though. I've contacted Bank and Amazon they both can't see any problem.

I've spoken to OC. If I cant get the payment sorted with the Bank or Amazon ill have to cancel my order, go to the back of the queue and pay the new higher price.

I'd just google like mad to try n find other people with same prob,.. if you haven't already. Problem's got to be somewhere!. Sorry i've got nothing more specific. Best of luck

Permabanned
Just looking at stock i hope this picks up soon next month i may buy but with pound rising how do you deal with old stock Gibbo? Do you sit on a loss or will this again be a case of what goes up never comes down?

Is £650 the expected price we should expect to pay now on a usd 619 card because i do not think i can do it personally. But i dont see how they will lower prices when they got creamed on a earlier exchange rate.

Associate
inno3d x3

OCUK tried to take payment from me today (I chose pay with amazon), but it didn't work and I had to re-enter my card details. I changed my debit card shortly after placing my order (2nd week of June) and after updating my card details on amazon, called OCUK to make sure the preorder would be OK with this new card. They said it was OK.

But now with the correct card details, no money has been taken. Feels like they gave my card to someone else. All they tell me is I'm 1st in queue. Next batch it has to be. Not impressed at all.

So you and me both. It seems amazon payments isn't working for OCUK, but that is OCUK's problem. They should have reserved our cards for us, not give it to the next in queue. We could call them up again and choose a different payment method to make sure we don't miss out on the next batch. Any other ideas?

Last edited:
Associate

I sent a webnote this afternoon asking if my order was being sent out today and received a reply saying "Amazon still have not captured the payment" " I would recommend checking your amazon payment account to see what is happening" i contacted Overclockers by phone and they just cancelled my order and put it through again at the original price I ordered at.

Associate
after waiting just over 6 weeks for my 1080 FTW its finally arriving tomorrow! Tomorrow night I will have completed by first ever build! Im quite a patient guy but waiting almost 6 weeks for my 1080 was killer, it drained the excitement of building my first PC but I must say im buzzing now! Honorary mention to Ben and Gibbo for supplying updates along the way! Its nice to know where you stand even when the news isnt always good!

Associate
I too got a problem with Amazon Payments. And since it was my very first order on OCUK it's screwed up my website account as well :x
I would advise not using Amazon Payments for the time being.

Associate
Thanks for the update.

Enjoy, Pawcat. Hope you get your dispatch email today, Drowshall.

Inno3d shipped 8 units in 2 weeks. I was 23rd 2 weeks ago, so I should be 15th now at a rough guess. Oh, wait... just discovered I'm 1st in queue now.

Haha, I said that! If you were 17th last week, check again, you could be much higher up now, if not already there. Seems lots of people have left the queue.

Well DPD have confirmed it will be in my hand Thursday 21st.....gonna be a fun evening......

Associate
Gave up on the 1080 Strix OC. I was 180 in the queue having ordered on 1st June. Just didn't want to wait any longer and I am suspicious that Asus have a serious production problem and its going to be months not weeks before any large quantities of stock come in. I may be wrong but that is my judgement on it right now.

So today switched to the Strix 1080 8G version instead. Its not as good and I have basically moved down 2 notches for the same money but that is down to Twatxit and Asus not OCUK. At least I will have a GPU though rather than be waiting for an OC card that might not even get here before the Ti cards appear. Have to see what I can do with it with a bit of overclocking.

Good luck to others who are still waiting on the Strix OC.

Associate
Gave up on the 1080 Strix OC. I was 180 in the queue having ordered on 1st June. Just didn't want to wait any longer and I am suspicious that Asus have a serious production problem and its going to be months not weeks before any large quantities of stock come in. I may be wrong but that is my judgement on it right now.

So today switched to the Strix 1080 8G version instead. Its not as good and I have basically moved down 2 notches for the same money but that is down to Twatxit and Asus not OCUK. At least I will have a GPU though rather than be waiting for an OC card that might not even get here before the Ti cards appear. Have to see what I can do with it with a bit of overclocking.

Good luck to others who are still waiting on the Strix OC.

Do let us know how it peforms. I preordered the strix oc from another retailer and tracking tells me i should receive it on the 25/07/16. *fingers crossed*

Associate
I'd wait, they have 500 units in HQ for the world allocation on Seahawk AIO X, I have tried to convince them to ship the whole lot to OcUK. I doubt they will but it is likely they will send us 50 units, which is 10% of world allocation for OcUK.

We get very well treated by MSI simply because I am very close friends with a lot of people at HQ level. :)

So I'd hang fire a few days until I get a shipment report from HQ, once I have it I will let you know if they shipped us the 50 units or more. :)

Think I've hang fire a lot longer than a few days. Are these coming next Friday like it says in the store date or is it up in the air?

Back
Top Bottom