OcUK HQ Motors Meet Take 2 - Cars, Computers & #nostormEmma - Saturday 12th May 2018

Soldato
Is the beastie fixed? :)

Still ongoing, just transferring all the external bits between the two blocks and we're finding a few new nasty issues which need sorting (a new oil pump etc) which is making my wallet cry :(

EDIT - Spoke to my garage, it'll be ready for runs in 2 weeks depending on oil pump delivery time from Germany.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Be a shame not to tip it over 1000PS since the engine is out of the car and all wouldn't it..? ;) :p

Glad its nearly sorted! I imagine bits and bobs for that engine are pretty expensive though! :eek:

Soldato
@Acme We've been through this before you wee tinker - I'd need to chop a few holes in the suspension turrets to fit the bigger turbos needed for a consistent 1K HP+ (rather than using race fuel) so that'll be a fairly strong No! The engine can take much more, there's a near 1300hp one fitted to a Golf somewhere in Kosovo but the lack of space in the RS6 engine bay kills any thoughts of 1K+.

Expensive - I can live with 1 lung, 1 kidney and a few other minor bits missing can't I? :D Just for an example, the Oil Pump was over £2k, 10 custom Injectors were £2k, the uprated rear diff was £2k etc, hence the rather sudden move to "tax-Free" Saudi for a few years to clear car debt and build my savings again!

Soldato
Well technically the brakes are only £1k per axle :D

While these cars may look like just a beefed up A6 they definitely come with super car expenses and thirst for Petrol!

Associate
Hi, I saw this thread on a BRISKODA forum and I am massively into gaming (I spent some time at your stand at Insomnia and still use my freebie pen :p) and love my car I would love if I was able to tag along! Understand if not as I am new to the Forum. My car is a Skoda Fabia VRS.

Associate
Hi, I saw this thread on a BRISKODA forum and I am massively into gaming (I spent some time at your stand at Insomnia and still use my freebie pen :p) and love my car I would love if I was able to tag along! Understand if not as I am new to the Forum. My car is a Skoda Fabia VRS.

There's plenty of non forum members coming along, and everyone's always welcome whether they've been on here a day or 10 years :)

Associate
Sorry to post again :confused:
At the meet are you able to purchase gaming chairs and other OCUK items? Wanting to buy a new one but will hold off if I'm able to!

OcUK Staff
Sorry to post again :confused:
At the meet are you able to purchase gaming chairs and other OCUK items? Wanting to buy a new one but will hold off if I'm able to!

Please post as frequent as you wish, were a friendly bunch. :)
Just on the day come find me and I shall sort you nice discount on any items you wish to buy.

The event / meet is open to the public, so feel free to invite people from other forums, friends and family etc.
All we ask is the people park up and drive safely and to get involved in the store events such as racing simulators and eating all the free food. :D

Soldato
That'd be my thread you've seen LauraB, it'll be nice to have a fellow Briskodan out on the day. Gibbo, I just bought an extra 16GB 8Pack DDR4. Why didn't I think to buy it the other weekend, or to wait until May? Doh! :p

Associate
Please post as frequent as you wish, were a friendly bunch. :)
Just on the day come find me and I shall sort you nice discount on any items you wish to buy.

The event / meet is open to the public, so feel free to invite people from other forums, friends and family etc.
All we ask is the people park up and drive safely and to get involved in the store events such as racing simulators and eating all the free food. :D

Oh goodness me I better start saving now :p It could be a dangerous day for my bank account.
I am currently trying to get my brothers to come with me I did mention free food and gaming parts! But if not I am happy to come on my own everyone seems to be really friendly like you said :)

That'd be my thread you've seen LauraB, it'll be nice to have a fellow Briskodan out on the day. Gibbo, I just bought an extra 16GB 8Pack DDR4. Why didn't I think to buy it the other weekend, or to wait until May? Doh! :p

I joined today after finally buying my Fabia :) Can't wait to meet some new people!

Associate
I'd be up for trying to come along to this.
Hoping by May I'll have done the clutch and other jobs on the Noble and have it back on the road :) Failing that I'll be in the S2000 or whatever else is my daily by then

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well technically the brakes are only £1k per axle :D

While these cars may look like just a beefed up A6 they definitely come with super car expenses and thirst for Petrol!

The older V8 RS6's are pretty costly to maintain properly as well (though admittedly less so!). Which is a shame because they are affordable! :( :p

Sgarrista
Commissario
everyone seems to be really friendly like you said

Just watch out for some dodgy looking bond villain driving a blue Jag. He will sucker you in with really good deals on hardware and peripherals, then bam, empties your bank account out when you go to pay for it all.

Back
Top Bottom