OcUK monthly comp 3D non-entry: 'geek'

Caporegime
Don't suppose you have the two individual images you can publish side by side? That way those of us without 3D screens can do the cross eyed technique (serious here! :p).

Soldato
Hmm.. To me it's cool because they're 3d, but as soon as you just look at it photographically and take it out of the 3d context it's just a photo of a cupboard and there's nothing particularly interesting about it. Just my opinion.

Soldato
OP
I think that's the point though, the depth is relevant, in fact on a 2mp camera with literally no other settings, it's the only thing I have to work with. One of the main reasons I'm doing this is to get my head around composing 3D images, because it's definitely a different mindset to 2D.
If I feel like I get the hang of it and enjoy taking them, then I'll likely upgrade to a better camera with actual settings!

Soldato
Well just because you're talking about the depth doesn't mean you don't still need to worry about the composition and the like. It's still worth processing them, still worth worrying about lighting etc, which you haven't in that shot

Back
Top Bottom