OcUK Motorbike Meet 2012 *Interest and ideas*

Associate
@4T5

Dont have to wait for bigger meets either if you ever want to go for a ride out you can email me. I usually have nothing to do haha.

Also how about the hafway house aka the bulls head for food? they used to be a massive biker place. on the A47.

Soldato
@Ghosteh
Surely after this meet there will be Loads of meets to attend throughout the year. I reckon those with bikes are much more likely to meet up even if it's only 2 or 3 of us.

Hopefully so! Yeah, bikers seem much more willing to meet up in any size groups, compared to the cage drivers at least.

Associate
Probably a bit later than we're looking but there's the festival of 1000 bikes at Mallory on the 8th July. There'll be something else earlier but they haven't got their calendar updated yet.

Soldato
The inkers island in reading is where all the ikes park, hardly a big thing lol, those that know reading well, know the Purple Turtle? The church out the front of it, if you are facing the church from the entrance of the Turtle then the little island is on the left, tiny little cabin that is normally open around 6am that serves.

As for the meet,
End of march is perfect, will have some new leathers by then as well :)

Associate
I have a track day in March already so my tyres will probably be on their last legs.. but should have enough meet left just for this run.

Roll on March I say! :D

Associate
The inkers island in reading is where all the ikes park, hardly a big thing lol, those that know reading well, know the Purple Turtle? The church out the front of it, if you are facing the church from the entrance of the Turtle then the little island is on the left, tiny little cabin that is normally open around 6am that serves.

As for the meet,
End of march is perfect, will have some new leathers by then as well :)

Ah yes, opposite The Horn? There's normally a kebab van there on Friday nights, etc? Now I'm with you. I've never heard it being called the bikers island before!

Soldato
Ah yes, opposite The Horn? There's normally a kebab van there on Friday nights, etc? Now I'm with you. I've never heard it being called the bikers island before!

Thats the one aye, well it's easy to get to as it's right off the A33 underpass by the police station, all bikers park there and I used to meet my mates there to get a bacon sanie before heading off for the days ride.

Just got a custom fuel map setup booked in FOC due to warrenty on Friday, so hopefully that will solve my fueling issue :D

Associate
If we do go to the A444 then our intentions should be kept to ourselves as we wouldn't want to attract unwanted attention on the day. ;)

As it stands a meet between Hinckley & Oxford sounds good for you Big bike Dudes, Then you can head to Hinckley for a food & drink stop meet anybody else who can get down to us & then a little Pilgrimage to the Triumph factory then on up to Mallory could be put on the agenda.

As for dates we can finalise it closer depending on the weather but I got my Chopper last April & was out on it every day. :cool:

Nice, I'm up for that!

Dragging the bike out of hibernation this weekend for a service and a few other bits plus probably some dyno time to set the carbs up proper.

Anyway, I'm on for the ride and track day, I'll keep an eye on this thread for final dates etc.

:D

Soldato
Regarding track day, anyone got a van/trailer that can tailor for 2 bikes?

I got no way of getting the 748 to the track unless I put all the boring road stuff back on :(

Soldato
Maybe a few of us could rent a van nearer the time?

Would be pretty cheap split between 3/4. Sure if we got a long van, some straps 4 bikes would be possible. Could be a right laugh as well for a road trip :D

EDIT: Just ordered a ton of fibre glass stuff so I can remake my fairings, my previous fibre glass fairings have warped and won't fit anymore after leaving them out in the rain/sun for months on end :(

Last edited:
Associate
I just ride mine there and take the mirrors off!

Make a thread on how you're making your fairings, would be good to see how easy/hard it is to do!

:p

Back
Top Bottom