OCUK Prebuild hitting very high cpu temps

Associate
I bought this pc https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-gaming-fsg-plus-mk2-1440p-pre-built-gaming-pc-fs-1da-ep.html from Overclockers around 2 months ago and have noticed the CPU cooler fans getting very loud when playing games.

I did some research and found out how to monitor my temps using a program called msi afterburner and saw highs of 92 in some games. I then looked through my pc welcome pack checklist and the CPU stress testing maximum recorded temperature is 82.

Can anyone help me out? I have not changed anything with the system all I've done is download games and play them and I'm getting paranoid with these high temps.

Man of Honour
Is the air flowing through the radiator warm as it exits?
Are the pipes that come from the AIO the same temp or different?

Soldato
Temp is under the limits, but something might be amiss. Depends if OcUK stress tested just the CPU, or the CPU while the GPU is running flat out. When the graphics card is dumping up to 250W of heat into the case, the radiator will be less efficient.

Associate
OP
Temp is under the limits, but something might be amiss. Depends if OcUK stress tested just the CPU, or the CPU while the GPU is running flat out. When the graphics card is dumping up to 250W of heat into the case, the radiator will be less efficient.
i've just done a stress test with cpu-z and the max temperature i got was 83. so more case fans probably needed if the gpu is causing the cpu temp to rise.

Man of Honour
i've just done a stress test with cpu-z and the max temperature i got was 83. so more case fans probably needed if the gpu is causing the cpu temp to rise.
is the AIO fans set to intake or exhaust? if they're exhausting, then swap them over to become intake fans. that should drop temps by 10c or so, when the GPU is running. unfortunately this would cause the gpu to run hotter/slower clocks if already thermally limited

Soldato
Can anyone help me out? I have not changed anything with the system all I've done is download games and play them and I'm getting paranoid with these high temps.

Change the rear fan so it blows in. This will feed the radiator with more cool air.

But that looks to be a very bad case for airflow. How handy are you? You might consider using a 120mm hole cutter to cut one or two holes for fans in the front, filing clean, then fix fans and grilles / guards. Put trim around the new holes. Alternatively, and probably for the same money, buy yourself a Kolink Citadel Mesh case and just transplant everything.

Back
Top Bottom