OCUK Quake Live 1v1 Tournament

Associate
I am terrible at quake live, I've got rocket jumping down to a tee and I can do the first two rooms in the strafe jumping practice area easily enough (third room is just beyod me right now), I can beat bots in practice easily enough at my own skill level but as soon as I play against people I get thrashed something awful. I'd practice against people more but I generally get laughed out of pubby games D:

In summary I suck too much to sign up

Soldato
I am terrible at quake live, I've got rocket jumping down to a tee and I can do the first two rooms in the strafe jumping practice area easily enough (third room is just beyod me right now), I can beat bots in practice easily enough at my own skill level but as soon as I play against people I get thrashed something awful. I'd practice against people more but I generally get laughed out of pubby games D:

In summary I suck too much to sign up

1v1 will help you practise. Its a bit slower paced. I can't really offer many tips on public games, but movement is key.

You can use rocket jump to dodge incoming rockets too. Just keep moving, go into an empty server and practise jumping from key locations. Campgrounds is a very good map for this, and its a popular competitive map. Asylum is good too.

Use rockets to get around the map, when combined with strafe jumping you move very fast. Learn where the various pickups are and stuff :)

Soldato
Just signed up to quake live now, I would enter for a laugh but would get smashed, I'm absolutely rubbish at it! The only FPS game on the PC I played was UT and thats been years aswel. :D

Associate
I'm a god at strafe jumping, but that mainly comes from playing a lot of other idTech 2/3/4 engine games to death. I don't know how good I'd be at Quake Live where it counts, though, but I'd certainly be glad to sign up to your tournament.

ID = spuck

Back
Top Bottom