OcUK Rolling Road Day 12 @ PowerStation (Tewksbury) - July 23rd 2011

Soldato
Yes it would be a torque converter, it isn't turbo'ed would there be any risk to the gearbox with these functions? Or would it be the same risk as running a normal manual?

There wouldn't be any more risk than that associated with thrashing it about on normal roads.
If something breaks... it would have broken anyway, on the dyno or not.

Soldato
There wouldn't be any more risk than that associated with thrashing it about on normal roads.
If something breaks... it would have broken anyway, on the dyno or not.

Fair enough, Gibbo could you put me down as a confirmed runner, well my dad will be 996 Targa. Preferably somewhen in the middle, will aim to turn up 10AM or so.

Soldato
I had no problems with me E55 for the last two times. All it did was give an artificial hump in the torque curve as the torque converter went from slip to full lock up.

OcUK Staff
OP
It looks like I can make a brief appearance at this now. Only for an hour or two though as I have to scatter my nans ashes with family in the early afternoon.

If you can make it then be good to see you, but don't go out of your way mate and sorry for your loss.

OcUK Staff
OP
Fair enough, Gibbo could you put me down as a confirmed runner, well my dad will be 996 Targa. Preferably somewhen in the middle, will aim to turn up 10AM or so.

Is he OK waiting towards the end, say around 20th place so then all the Porsches are together?

If not that is fine I shall squeeze you in somewhere around 10th, what is the exact specification, is it a C2, C4, an S or a Turbo? :)

Soldato
Another porsche is running? Gibbo won't be able to contain himself.

Just to annoy him here is a pic of a lovely porsche! :p

DSC_0073.jpg

Back
Top Bottom