OcUK Rolling Road Day 12 @ PowerStation (Tewksbury) - July 23rd 2011

Soldato
Might have an aFe intake fitted by the weekend...could be interesting.

In the words of DJ Fresh.. "It's gonna get, it's gonna get, it's gonna get louder" :D

Lum

Lum

Soldato
Well, only 5 days to go and my GF hasn't managed to book us on something else yet, so looks like I'll be coming in the Cefiro, assuming the guy coming to fit my new aircon compressor on Thursday doesn't break something. If that happens not sure I could turn up in the works diesel Mondeo and face you lot. More embarrassing than my old Volvo!

Soldato
How much of your ownership period has the Cefiro actually been on the road? ...I don't think I have ever seen it that I recall, other than the pictures you showed us when you first bought it, which was a good while ago now, or it seems so.

Lum

Lum

Soldato
It spent 6 months off the road six weeks after I got it, waiting for a new windscreen, other than that it's been on the road the whole time. It's done a couple of runs with the Welsh contingent of the Retro Rides forum and it was at Singleton Park classic car show on the club stand of that same forum.

I've also posted pictures of it out in the snow in the Brecons both last winter and the one before that.

It passed it's last MOT with no faults or advisories, the MOT before that it only failed on upper wishbone bushes, giving me an excuse to fit Whiteline adjustable polybushes.

Sometimes I even commute in it, which is usually when my GF's 200SX is off the road for some reason. She has the longer commute so gets to take the diesel Mondeo in that situation as it's almost as cheap to run as the 200SX*. Sometimes I commute in it just because I can't stand the idea of driving in a boring dagdag today, even if it does get double the MPG.

Was registered in the UK March 2009 with 28,000km on the clock, it now has 58,000km on the clock.

*LPG conversion

Last edited:
Soldato
Is he OK waiting towards the end, say around 20th place so then all the Porsches are together?

If not that is fine I shall squeeze you in somewhere around 10th, what is the exact specification, is it a C2, C4, an S or a Turbo? :)

Ok will probably be easier then, think it classes as a C2S bodystyle wise, as in slightly wider rear, but is a Targa, they don't do the other stuff for the 996, is the 3.6 with approx 320bhp.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

OK here is the latest update of the running order, as usual anyone who is not running let me know now please and any new additions please speak up.

1. Fett - Possibly two very special cars - First dyno **ONLY A MAYBE**
2. Vigaro - Mazda MX5 1.8i
3. [TW]Taggart - Mazda MX5 1.8i Sport - First dyno
4. Darryn - MX5 1.8i - First dyno (Predicting 142BHP)
5. Ace Modder - Lee - Subaru Impreza WRX with mods - First dyno
6. Bicepo - Chris - Toyota Celica GT4 with mods - First dyno
7. Bicepo's friend - 430BHP Focus RS - First Dyno
8. Duke - Golf Mark V GTi - First dyno
9. Howard - Mondeo ST220 - Comparing to Eurospec
10. Will - Fiesta ST Mountune 185 - First Dyno
11. Rizo-UK - Astra SRi Turbo with mods - First dyno (Predicting 223BHP)
12. Rizo-UK's Brother - Astra VXR Stage 2 - First dyno (Predicting 276BHP)
13. Clarkey - Colt - First dyno
14. -Neil- Lotus Exige S - Fixed exhaust
15. !bluetonic! - Andrew - Saab 9-5 Aero Wagon w/stage 1 - First dyno
16. Beermonster - Rob - BMW M5 - First Dyno
17. MacRS4 - BMW E92 M3 - First dyno
18. Tom0 - Nissan 200sx S14a (stage 2) - First dyno (Predicting 310BHP)
19. Scarfacé - Nissan 350Z - First Dyno
20. nicRob - Fiat Coupe 20v - First Dyno
21. Solid - Porsche 996 C2 Targa - First Dyno (Predicting 320BHP)
22. Peerzy - Porsche Boxster S - First Dyno (Predicting 290BHP)
23. Naithwraith - Supra N/A AUTO - First Dyno (Predicting 212BHP)
24. Gibbo - Andy - Porsche 911 C2S - First dyno (Predicting 371BHP)

Soldato

OK here is the latest update of the running order, as usual anyone who is not running let me know now please and any new additions please speak up.

As mentioned in an earlier post I won't be there as my car is being remapped on Saturday afternoon...

OcUK Staff
OP

As mentioned in an earlier post I won't be there as my car is being remapped on Saturday afternoon...

Removed you from list, did not see you previous mention this.

Caporegime
Not exactly a 'new' comment, it has been said for every Powerstation RR we've run in the last few years, so you're not that special. ;)

Nothing to do with being special. It was just my opinion based on, as you have stated, previous RR's. Quite why I was considered 'Mr Negative' when I posted it I don't know, especially coming from RR veterans.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

I had 28 runners on my initial list.

Were now down to 24 runners, 4 people so far.

I suspect on the day 20 people will run, fingers crossed. :)

Back
Top Bottom