OcUK Room 101 - Dump your petty hates here.

Associate
I'm a dog trainer and I see far too many people pushing their dogs about to 'assert their dominance' when actually the poor dog is just terrified. Dogs are not wolves, like humans are not chimps :) so yeah grated on me a tad

www.funpawcare.com/2014/09/17/8-reasons-why-dogs-are-not-pack-animals
Confused about this one, what is your issue with it ?

disclaimer, its not a phrase I often use but I do at least understand that dogs are pack animals and as such see their owners as pack leader

Man of Honour
Add delivery drivers who seem to have an exceptional talent to waste your time when asking for directions. I am well spoken, clear, concise and informed when it comes to explaining where I live and how to get to my house. However, it seems so many of the drivers know better, even when they are totally lost and are TOTALLY unable to listen. I have just torn a Hermes driver a new one. Unfair, perhaps, but I get so angry when after 3 calls he was STILL unable to take simple instruction, to the extent I had to hand my phone to the wife and he STILL got lost. It is REALLY not that hard, he simply wasn't listening or able to comprehend and he spoke solid English so can't take that as an excuse this time either. He was on transmit, wanted to tell me all the things I had told him to avoid he had not.

"Is it by this farm?"

No, I told you 3 times it wasn't.

"Is it 3 miles or 4"

No, it's 1.8 miles as I told you...3 times

"Is there a sign"

Yes, the one I told you 3 times

"Is it this sign"

No, I told you which sign

"Oh, I thought it might be this one instead"

....housey looses his ****

I have little time for people who won't listen when they ask for help, none when they keep making the same mistake over and over again through not paying attention.

1. The clever but lazy. Me + housemate got set the same uni coursework with a 2-week deadline. I spent the odd hour here, odd hour there, about 8 hours total, hand it in on time and it comes back with a grade C. Housemate leaves it to the very last night, not even that actually because he went out clubbing. Came back around 7AM on the deadline day off his face drunk + stoned. He proceeds to do an 8-hour marathon asking me for help along the way, hands it in just before the 4PM deadline and his came back with a grade A.

2. The "smart idiot". Kinda related to the above but the other way round. This was a bloke doing CAD drawings for a military engineering firm. Absolutely stunning pieces of work, again and again. Never fails to impress. And yet while in the middle of doing a service pack installation deployed by IT, he wonders why he can't turn his PC off. So he pressed the hard reset button until it switched off. We had to re-image his PC as it was stuck on the Windows splash screen and couldn't get it into safe mode. Thankfully most of his work was on the shared drive, but he did lose a few projects that he had stored locally and didn't tell us beforehand.

It's not to say that I dislike these 2 people... far from it. My pet hate is simply the fact that you can put clever-lazy together and smart-idiot together in the same person.

Soldato
Forgot one in my previous post:
Tattoos - No one ever looked better with a tattoo than without. I hate them with a passion, and immediately and with complete prejudice, judge anyone with a tattoo to be inferior.

Soldato
My penis headed neighbours who have installed a miniature sun on their house.

Wait, we can use this as a neighbour rant thread?

1) The neighbour opposite who has a yappy dog and presumably works nights, thus leaving her lonely mutt to bark himself hoarse from 10pm to 1am

2) The neighbour behind me, whose entire family has to share one, slightly soiled, second hand brain between them, to the point where even their dog can outsmart them. The guy once stopped his car in the middle of the road to shout out the window at his wife (stood on the doorstep at 2pm on a Monday in a dressing gown, oh to be perpetually unemployed), the dog jumped out of the window of the car and he ran out to get it. Every time he got the dog back in the car it escaped again. By the end of it the car was still idling in the middle of the road with every single door and the boot wide open, three cars stuck behind it and me wondering how he manages to get dressed in the morning. On top of that every time they open the front door the bloody thing escapes, how many times does it need to happen before you adapt? This leads to a hour of crying kids and the Dad screaming "DAISY" (i mean who names a dog Daisy?) at the top of his voice.

3) The same neighbour who has his spot on the road outside his house and will park there even if there is someone parked opposite, making the road damn near impassable.

4) The neighbour who parks his van outside my window and then proceeds to have a hands free conversation, while stationery, at a volume that should allow whoever he's calling to hear him without the phone. Slightly more baffling is that I'm reasonably certain he's having an affair, and due the calls I'm pretty sure the rest of the street are reasonably certain too.

5) The neighbour with the kids who don't understand the concept of decibels and are turfed out at 8am of a morning, presumably because their parents hate them as much as I do.

Ahhhh, that feels better.

Honourable mention to my next door neighbour who will be on here shortly complaining about the sheer number of my packages she has to sign for, and the delightful Polish guy who is always polite and helped me push my car onto my drive a few weeks back when he saw me struggling.

Soldato
1. The clever but lazy. Me + housemate got set the same uni coursework with a 2-week deadline. I spent the odd hour here, odd hour there, about 8 hours total, hand it in on time and it comes back with a grade C. Housemate leaves it to the very last night, not even that actually because he went out clubbing. Came back around 7AM on the deadline day off his face drunk + stoned. He proceeds to do an 8-hour marathon asking me for help along the way, hands it in just before the 4PM deadline and his came back with a grade A.

2. The "smart idiot". Kinda related to the above but the other way round. This was a bloke doing CAD drawings for a military engineering firm. Absolutely stunning pieces of work, again and again. Never fails to impress. And yet while in the middle of doing a service pack installation deployed by IT, he wonders why he can't turn his PC off. So he pressed the hard reset button until it switched off. We had to re-image his PC as it was stuck on the Windows splash screen and couldn't get it into safe mode. Thankfully most of his work was on the shared drive, but he did lose a few projects that he had stored locally and didn't tell us beforehand.

It's not to say that I dislike these 2 people... far from it. My pet hate is simply the fact that you can put clever-lazy together and smart-idiot together in the same person.

Spend more time on your own coursework, if he's smarter than you but lazier, then you should be working twice as hard as him if you want an A, which seems to be the complaint here.

Soldato
Drivers who follow other drivers into a roundabout regardless of whether they have time to go or not and completely ruin the flow of traffic on the roundabout. This often results in you having to brake hard and stop in the middle of the roundabout. Inconsiderate ******, if they just waited like everyone else, the natural flow would see them into the roundabout within seconds. Usually happens on mini-roundabout of which there are 2 of in succession on my route to work --> daily rage!

Caporegime
Train *****. I even got the term defined in the urban dictionary.

You contributed that? Awesome :D

I especially dislike a particular sub group of train **** - the oversized backpack ****, they don't seem to consider taking it off or are aware that if they turn around when wearing it on a busy underground carriage they inevitably end up hitting a load of the people around them.

Associate
Wait, we can use this as a neighbour rant thread?

1) The neighbour opposite who has a yappy dog and presumably works nights, thus leaving her lonely mutt to bark himself hoarse from 10pm to 1am

2) The neighbour behind me, whose entire family has to share one, slightly soiled, second hand brain between them, to the point where even their dog can outsmart them. The guy once stopped his car in the middle of the road to shout out the window at his wife (stood on the doorstep at 2pm on a Monday in a dressing gown, oh to be perpetually unemployed), the dog jumped out of the window of the car and he ran out to get it. Every time he got the dog back in the car it escaped again. By the end of it the car was still idling in the middle of the road with every single door and the boot wide open, three cars stuck behind it and me wondering how he manages to get dressed in the morning. On top of that every time they open the front door the bloody thing escapes, how many times does it need to happen before you adapt? This leads to a hour of crying kids and the Dad screaming "DAISY" (i mean who names a dog Daisy?) at the top of his voice.

3) The same neighbour who has his spot on the road outside his house and will park there even if there is someone parked opposite, making the road damn near impassable.

4) The neighbour who parks his van outside my window and then proceeds to have a hands free conversation, while stationery, at a volume that should allow whoever he's calling to hear him without the phone. Slightly more baffling is that I'm reasonably certain he's having an affair, and due the calls I'm pretty sure the rest of the street are reasonably certain too.

5) The neighbour with the kids who don't understand the concept of decibels and are turfed out at 8am of a morning, presumably because their parents hate them as much as I do.

Ahhhh, that feels better.

Honourable mention to my next door neighbour who will be on here shortly complaining about the sheer number of my packages she has to sign for, and the delightful Polish guy who is always polite and helped me push my car onto my drive a few weeks back when he saw me struggling.

This give me a giggle LOL

Back
Top Bottom