• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX3090TI review thread

Soldato
What you guys are all forgetting and the most important part is, when the 4080 comes out on 103 (replacing the 104 to 4070 class next gen) chip he will scream look same performance as a 3090ti at half the price... ;) .. 4080 next time $999 starting MSRP and the FE may have a FE TAX again so $1199 and silly power use and half the VRAM 12GB.

3090Ti are nothing more than collectors cards and will come in very limited stock and once this is noticed the prices will go up on them too. So want one then grab one now because after that expect silly prices again, also I think 40 series has been delayed too and will maybe be a paper launch in September or January even and really not available for 6 months, Nvidia has stated that the 30 series will be running with the 40 series anyways too, so guessing this is why and still delays in the manufacturing, chip shortages, components, shipping delays and good old COVID is rearing its head again and lockdowns in the countries that make these cards.

I said this back in January. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/35368420/

I'm still calling it a paper launch and they were never going to sell them (if they do the 3090 will go EOL and again to raise the msrp of 90 class) and only in the hands of reviewers just to raise the MSRP so when the next gen 40 series comes out, it will look like normal current pricing. The 12GB 3080 is basically warming up all future 4080 owners that the 4080 will start at $999 fake msrp and sell for much more on the street. They finally have done what they wanted to do to sell a future mid range chip 104 class at $999, yes I know 3080 is on 102, that's because AMD made them move the cards up a tier, 40 series will be back to how it was 104 80 class cards and 80Ti & Titan on the 102 chips, so $1200-$1500+ msrp for a Ti version & $2500-$3000 Titan versions.

Also 4090 I doubt will happen and will be back to Titan cards on them models. Again we have to thank AMD for the 3090 this time.

Next time when the 4080 is introduced Jensen will say look $1000 start msrp for a card 1% faster than a 3090Ti at msrp of $1999. look wow half the price and with of course half the VRAM but he will gloss over that like he did with the 3070 compared to the 2080ti...:cry:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Strokes my 'only cost me <£200' 3070, no thanks.

:cry:

Strokes my £650 3080 FE, which only cost £300 after selling COD, previous gpus on :p :D Imagine paying over the odds to only get an extra 10-15% perf. if that ;) :p

Not to mention Intel launching their new GPUs tomorrow.

Haven't really followed anything on intels gpus tbh but will be amazed if they are on par with amd and nvidia first time round....

Soldato
Haven't really followed anything on intels gpus tbh but will be amazed if they are on par with amd and nvidia first time round....

There was a leaked Ashes of the Singularity benchmark which was quite promising, but no, I don't expect top level performance from Intel's new GPUs - 3070 level perhaps - but if they are competitive in the mainstream tier they will end the shortage of capacity.

Associate
I got a Discord message about the Founders Edition and it let me buy one even though I have already got a 3080 FE previously. Not sure if the 1 card policy has changed for whales.

I cancelled it straight away obviously as its a mental price especially when next gen cards will be out before to long.

Caporegime
What you guys are all forgetting and the most important part is, when the 4080 comes out on 103 (replacing the 104 to 4070 class next gen) chip he will scream look same performance as a 3090ti at half the price... ;) .. 4080 next time $999 and silly power use and half the VRAM 12GB.

I said this back in January. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/35368420/

Comparing turing to ampere and so far the initial leaks/slides on 40xx, I suspect a 4070/4080 will be more attractive than a 3090/3090ti, same way a 3070 was more attractive than a 2080ti, especially if you want all the extra RT love :p ;) Of course it is all good marketing etc. and mostly aimed at people who aren't on the latest and greatest gpus and don't want to spend big money on the top end flagship. Ultimately it is the 3090/3090ti owners that will feel it the most unless they can get most of their money back selling before 40xx series release....

I certainly won't be spending more than £700 at most.

There was a leaked Ashes of the Singularity benchmark which was quite promising, but no, I don't expect top level performance from Intel's new GPUs - 3070 level perhaps - but if they are competitive in the mainstream tier they will end the shortage of capacity.

Suppose that be a good way for them to get into the market and dominate the most popular tier. Either way, hopefully they pull it of as the more competition, the better for us.

Soldato
Also noticed they are accepting PayPal for payment for FE they didn't in the past , maybe for the 1pc policy they let it slip for this probably desperate to get rid of them :cry:

Soldato
might have dropped the restrictions with gpu supply good and prices dropping.

Nope restrictions still there .. I tried to get one earlier and got declined as I had purchased a 3060Ti FE before.:rolleyes: Even called them and they said nope no go 1 per customer.:cry:

I told him I need two for SLI/NVLINK and how come no NVLINK bridges being sold too... they said none available and can't buy 2 gpus anyways.. so explained that only way to do SLI/NVLINK is to have same cards as the fingers are different placements on other cards. Tried telling me that isn't the case...and can add any other 3090ti in SLI/NVLINK with the bridge... :cry:... clearly has no idea and never done sli with cards that have no sli finger standard placement or same for NVLINK..

Soldato
Nope restrictions still there .. I tried to get one earlier and got declined as I had purchased a 3060Ti FE before.:rolleyes: Even called them and they said nope no go 1 per customer.:cry:

I told him I need two for SLI/NVLINK and how come no NVLINK bridges being sold too... they said none available and can't buy 2 gpus anyways.. so explained that only way to do SLI/NVLINK is to have same cards as the fingers are different placements on other cards. Tried telling me that isn't the case...and can add any other 3090ti in SLI/NVLINK with the bridge... :cry:... clearly has no idea and never done sli with cards that have no sli finger standard placement or same for NVLINK..

They are accepting PayPal now though which is easier to use to bypass the restriction

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
have nvidia read the room at all in at least the past 2 years? maybe longer but i didnt pay attention then

Absolutely not. There's also the gem of a nugget they spun when after selling cards to millions of miners for the past eight years, they were suddenly your (gamer) friend bringing out Low Hash Rate cards - after the party had ended! How on earth people mindshare into this company is unreal, defending the undefendable more like.

woke triggered gen said:
It's.. because of the miners!
** nvidia releases 600w gpu's **

Completely out of touch.

Soldato
They are accepting PayPal now though which is easier to use to bypass the restriction

Actually happy it didn't go threw in the end after watching the reviews with cuda based apps. Will wait till they come out with a card with more than 24GB or just grab an A-series next update with more VRAM, it's really VRAM I need more of not grunt, even 48GB pooled on my setup is starting to hit the VRAM limits.

Anyways will see what they come out with next time but don't have hope in that as rumours are the 40 series class cards are the same pin outs for the gpu as Ampere and the same 24GB VRAM max.. Probably next update when the 50 series comes out or maybe later.. who knows or may just grab an A-series (Quadro class) or if they make a 40 series Titan with 48GB next time too, maybe they will have 4090 24GB and the Titan 40 series with 48GB, who knows with Nvidia. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

SLI experts, lol.

Back
Top Bottom