OcUK Southwest Meet - Get Your Names In!

Long day! 475 miles complete... Cheers to Westy and good to meet all you guys, was nice :)

Hope I didn't hold anyone up! Jammiedodger you did pretty well finding us again when we joined the M5 after the services - Richard (Clio) and Lee (Jeep) properly floored it and I did too, but we only just kept sight of them! And I shifted over to the middle lane as soon as I clocked your MR2 in my mirror, Mike :)

And a certain white Metro was hot on my heels heading home from the moor car park ;)

Must name and shame idiot blue Fiesta who pulled out of car park in front of me without looking! (NOT one of our group). Needless to say, he got horned at... Am prodding rob for video sometime tomorrow, lol.

Overheard someone talking about my car while we were hanging around at the moor car park taking photos etc. - I'm sure it wasn't a derogatory comment, just interested what it was? Who was behind me when I barrelled my way past that Rav4? (see rob's video clip).

And Fox - didn't catch your name! Was good talking to you and Mike.

Cheers again all!

Alex (blue Cavalier 1.8, black Nike t-shirt in group photo)

apologies to those who I didnt know :(

http://www.kore.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/meetnames.JPG

meetnames.JPG

1 - Rilot - RX8
2 - Evo - Clio 172
3 - Fakesnake - Jeep
4 - PSX - Cavilier
5 - ? - Micra
6 - ? - Micra (believe one of you two was jammie dodger?
7 - Lord Mike - MR2 Turbo
8 - Scuzi - Toledo 20vT
9 - Conanius - Focus TDCi
10 - (sorry mate, you told me 4 times, but I still dont remember !) - Reliant Scimitar
11 - Will Gill - S2000
12 - PSX's passenger .. sorry, dont know your name :(
13 - Freefaller - MX5
14 - Gojira - Vectra CDTi
15 - Dogbreath - Civic VTi
16 - Silicon Slave - MX5
17 - Westy - 205 XS
18 - Matt (didnt catch your forum name) - Silver Leon
19 - Fox - Mondeo
20 - Matt - Passenger in my car (not signed up to forums.. but im working on it !! )

Also Present was Jez, who had to shoot off before we did this piccie

Last edited:
Here is one of my shots, with a couple of guys who are missing from the group shot-

group1.jpg

Left to right:

Westy, Jez, Rob, Fox, PSX, LordMike

Fox, do you want me to post a pic of you checking out the technicalities of Mondeo light clusters, or would I then be forever cursed to have Mondys pinch my parking spaces? :)

Alan Woodford

PSX said:
Long day! 475 miles complete... Cheers to Westy and good to meet all you guys, was nice :)

Hope I didn't hold anyone up! Jammiedodger you did pretty well finding us again when we joined the M5 after the services - Richard (Clio) and Lee (Jeep) properly floored it and I did too, but we only just kept sight of them! And I shifted over to the middle lane as soon as I clocked your MR2 in my mirror, Mike :)

And a certain white Metro was hot on my heels heading home from the moor car park ;)

Must name and shame idiot blue Fiesta who pulled out of car park in front of me without looking! (NOT one of our group). Needless to say, he got horned at... Am prodding rob for video sometime tomorrow, lol.

Overheard someone talking about my car while we were hanging around at the moor car park taking photos etc. - I'm sure it wasn't a derogatory comment, just interested what it was? Who was behind me when I barrelled my way past that Rav4? (see rob's video clip).

And Fox - didn't catch your name! Was good talking to you and Mike.

Cheers again all!

Alex (blue Cavalier 1.8, black Nike t-shirt in group photo)

yea i didnt know my little 1 litre could keep up. thought i did well keeping up along the m5

nicRob said:
Of course I'll have to include some footage of us following Fox with one brakelight out (quick hit in the carpark sorted it out:p).

LOL, it actualy involved some open heart surgery for an emergency brake lamp bypass operation ;)

Only posting from the ipaq so will keep this short - but will post later when I get home. It was great to meet new people, and had a great drive (on my own :p) through the moors and single track roads dodging horses, tractors and horse poo. Meal was great, didn't manage to put enough people off with my sort-of-blue steak... Sorry I didn't get to chat to everyone - this always happens to be fair. Long drive, short meet, long drive!! Anyway to those that I didn't chat to, I apologies, but it was great to see you, and to those that I chatted to, great to chat and look forward to next time!!

That bloody X5 kept pulling out on purpose to stop me overtaking having just been overtool by SiliconSlave :rolleyes: Needless to say I did a somewhat naughty overtake (4 cars :o). Bah, it proved my point - that I'm a complete idiot.... :D Great drve back, always fun to pose!

If someone wants to start a new thread please do and I'll archive this one later. However there's no harm in posting in this one until then.

edit: ok so not that short - no wonder it took me 15 minutes to write!!!

Sounds like wicked day, I'll definately be at the next one, there is a next one right?

Couldn't really plan to come to this meet as up untill 4-5 days before I had never owned a car. See you guys at the next one!

Tesla said:
Sounds like wicked day, I'll definately be at the next one, there is a next one right?

Yep, there'll definately be a next one!

Thanks to everyone for coming along, a few familiar faces, quite a few new one! I'll try and sort another meet for the end of the summer maybe?might be a bit longer too :D

PSX said:
Hope I didn't hold anyone up! Jammiedodger you did pretty well finding us again when we joined the M5 after the services - Chris (Clio) and Lee (Jeep) properly floored it and I did too, but we only just kept sight of them!

Fixed (name was wrong) :)

Well I couldn't be beaten by a jeep :P

I apologise for being slightly antisocial and only hanging around for a few minutes. My other half and I had only just left our holiday at Dawlish Warren and wanted to make our 200mile drive home.

It was nice to put a couple more faces to names. Looks like a good day, glad you enjoyed yourselves. :)

Back
Top Bottom