OcUK Southwest Meet - Get Your Names In!

Freefaller said:
each rotor is only 600cc I thought?

True, but for some reason I always read they were classed as a 2.6, or maybe that's the RX7 and they double it to take the turbos into account, I forget :confused:

*edit* found some stuff on it:

Renasis is 1.3 (2x 653 cc rotors).

"Cant realy be compared to a 1.3 cylinder engine though. It Breaths as a 2.6 petrol. Each rotor has 3 combustion chambers and fires once each rev instead of once /2 rev."

and

"It's a two stroke engine, thus each cylinder does a 'power stoke' (as it were) twice for every single time a cylinder would in a four stroke. Therefore in comparitive terms, the engines capacity could be considered in the real world as a 2.6 4-STROKE!!
This is officially classed as a 1.3 2-STROKE, and thus gets taxed as such."

So guess it's down to the way the engine works rather than physical size, but yeah I got it wrong and they are two 600 and a bit cc rotors :)

Last edited:
Siliconslave said:
couple of photos that are a bit different to the others :)

will gill +scuzi:
s2000.jpg

That's not Scuzi :p

Rilot said:
Nah, that honour would go to me with my RX8 and it's measely 155lbft from it's 1.3 litre engine.

so thats why you didnt keep up on the chase through the moors to the carpark, nothing at all to do with not trying, just the wrath of the TDCi Diesel put you in your place !!! mwhahahahahahaha.... ahem :p

incidently, to anyone who was behind me at any point, how much soot does my car fire out?

Nice to see you all even though I still don't know who half of you are :D

On the way back I was following Conanius and Fakesnake and cruised past them as they eased off. By the time I realised why they had eased off I was about 100m from the white lines doing a ton, at least I know my brakes work :p

Looking forward to the next meet!

yea wanted to go, got it booked in for a engine tune next week. only had it 1 month, just been doin the rust spots. knew that it has been running rich and drinking petrol like water :eek:

should be all good for the next meet if i dont have a new car, want a MR2 but cant get insurance on it :(

I need to offer my apologies - I was all set for a quiet weekend, and a blast across the moors....when the house I'm moving into in July fell through, and I had to go and see another one at short notice...

Ended up spending Friday/Saturday driving from Exeter to Marlborough, then to Bath, then to Portsmouth, then to Marlborough, then back to Bath via Bristol...

Think we got a house sorted out now, looks really nice, but was a shame to pull out, especially without being able to give advance warning, sorry guys!

timbob said:
I need to offer my apologies - I was all set for a quiet weekend, and a blast across the moors....when the house I'm moving into in July fell through, and I had to go and see another one at short notice...

Ended up spending Friday/Saturday driving from Exeter to Marlborough, then to Bath, then to Portsmouth, then to Marlborough, then back to Bath via Bristol...

Think we got a house sorted out now, looks really nice, but was a shame to pull out, especially without being able to give advance warning, sorry guys!

no problem mate, glad the house is sorted :)

damn it - looks like my replacement gps bluetooth unit turned up at work friday :( woulda have saved a bit of a detour!

oh well i guess it did mean i got to:
a)see the sea, and
b)not get stuf behind a load of people on some very very nice roads :)

Siliconslave said:
damn it - looks like my replacement gps bluetooth unit turned up at work friday :( woulda have saved a bit of a detour!

oh well i guess it did mean i got to:
a)see the sea, and
b)not get stuf behind a load of people on some very very nice roads :)

rofl

I thought you were joking about the seaside detour :p

Back
Top Bottom