OcUK TrackDay: Donnington 22nd August - £135!

I'm tempted by this, about 3 hours away from where i am in north wales, shame its not oulton as i (by which i mean the missus) can drive that back in the evening where as i'd have to stay overnight at Donnington.

I've only got out on track once in the scoob this year so itching for some more action!

Plenty of places to stay overnight at Donnington and quite reasonable on price too, plus its quite a nice place, plenty to see there. :)

If I can coordinate with house hunting in Leamington I could well be along. I've not been on a track day before and would love to have a go!

EDIT: Would it just be the 10 OcUK cars?

If I can coordinate with house hunting in Leamington I could well be along. I've not been on a track day before and would love to have a go!

EDIT: Would it just be the 10 OcUK cars?

Nope shall be many there, check the link to see which other cars are booked so far. :)

What insurance options are there?

Hi there

Plenty of 3rd party insurers offer track cover, generally if the car is sub 5k value, should be under £100 for the day for insurance cover. If the value is higher then it shall be more.

For example on my 911, insurance cover via a 3rd party is £250-£300, hence I am glad my insurance provider give me upto 5 trackdays per year for free. :)

Do you have to have track insurance to go on track?

I know you would be royally bummed if you crash and damage the circuit and event, so therefor you would be better off with it. Just curious?

Nope, no requirement for track insurance at all.

And most track insurance wont cover damage to the circuit anyway. Its usually first party (i.e. your car) only.

Also keep an eye on the excess.

Do you have to have track insurance to go on track?

I know you would be royally bummed if you crash and damage the circuit and event, so therefor you would be better off with it. Just curious?

Never known Donnington to charge for circuit damage, but seen a fair few crashes there and never witnessed the barriers take damage. They use gravel traps so in most places you won't hit anything. The main place cars hit if the pit entrance wall, a Caterham hit it on Saturday at high speed, the Caterham exploded into many pieces, driver was OK and the concrete wall was well unmarked.

Back
Top Bottom