1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Discussion in 'Virtual Reality' started by Zefan, 13 Oct 2020.

1. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

:cry::cry::eek::D

2. OneZeoN

Gangster

Had a quest 2 on launch but sold it 9 months ago.

Really miss playing vr so I'm waiting for this Facebook Connect event on Thursday before buying either a Quest 2 or hopefully a Quest 2+ if out this year.

If its next year I think I'll get a quest 2 next week and can always sell it to upgrade next year as can't wait another 3/4 months

3. gitbags

Hitman

Well finally got round to starting my mvhstudios pro strap knock off just wanted to say thanks again to melmac.
    [​IMG]
    Just got to finish the battery holder now.

4. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

are you saying thats not an MVH studios one ? that looks the same, nice job :)

5. gitbags

Hitman

Same welding strap, so far I've just made the arms and spacers. On to a battery holder next :D

6. Zeeflyboy

Wise Guy

First look at the quest pro? Someone claims to have found some promo videos:

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-quest-pro-leak-videos/

Interestingly credit goes to the same guy (samulia) who leaked other rumours previously… this perhaps lends credence to those earlier predictions.

Those were mostly same res as Q2, but with local dimming/dual cell LCD… a 4k 120fps colour pass through camera, eye and face tracking, new starlet controllers with multi haptics, finger tracking, individual inside out camera based tracking.

If so could be an interesting device… a higher bandwidth wireless option (even just enabling Wi-Fi 6E) too would really help sell it to me. With no resolution bump and no varifocal lenses perhaps the price will be fairly reasonable.

Last edited: 25 Oct 2021
  7. Ravenger

Mobster

It's definitely worth waiting until Facebook connect if you're in the market for a new headset.

8. melmac

Sgarrista

Looking good so far :)

Can't wait to see the finished product.

9. melmac

Sgarrista

If all those specs are true, then I would be very interested in buying one. Especially if they have improved the Wifi bandwidth too.

10. Unseul

Mobster

Not looking like enough for me to jump on.

There again i wouldn't really have the money anyway!

11. melmac

Sgarrista

Eye tracking with improved lenses, better LCD screens and improved Wifi would be a pretty big jump.

Would depend on the price. If it comes in under a £1000 without needing a yearly subscription, it would be very tempting!!

12. Unseul

Mobster

Eye tracking will be just a social feature i suspect, not foveated rendering.

13. melmac

Sgarrista

We already have Foveated Rendering. Nvidia added it to several games. What we don't have is too many headsets with eye tracking to take advantage of it.

I think if Oculus are introducing eye tracking into the Quest Pro, they will have their own Foveated rendering implementation ready to go.

14. Unseul

Mobster

I'd missed that! That does make a difference... I'm still not going to be able to afford it though.

I'll wait till we get a better fov option.

15. ScoobyDoo

Mobster

Decided to give link a go instead of airlnk but cant get the oculus software to detect my headset. Ive tried different cables so it isnt a cable issue. The Pc detects the quest 2
    and i can access the files on it but the oculus software says its not connected.
    If i turn off the quest 2 and switch it back on the oculus software detects the quest but as soon as i accept the 'allow' access on the headset screen it disconnects.
    Ive got all the power management turned off on the usb devices in windows 11.
    Any ideas?

16. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

yes, try Windows 10, not 11 as its not been released yet so still buggy lol

17. Ravenger

Mobster

Oculus says they don't support Windows 11 yet

18. ScoobyDoo

Mobster

Could it be because ive installed the adb drivers?

Been told it's because airlink is enabled on the headset, I'll try disabling it and test it later

Last edited: 27 Oct 2021
  19. tracertong

Wise Guy

https://uploadvr.com/windows-11-oculus-link-issues/

20. [email protected]

Sgarrista

Only good thing to come out of Connect was the announcement of GTA San Andreas VR for Quest 2.