1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oculus Rift - Can someone confirm it can be used through a Display Port -> HDMI converter?

Discussion in 'Virtual Reality' started by NeilFawcett, Jul 16, 2017.

1. NeilFawcett

Capodecina

I don't have a free HDMI port on my 1070, just lots of DisplayPorts. Anyone able to confirm they have their OR plugged into a DisplayPort OK?

Thanks...

2. hyperseven

Mobster

Have a look for one of these, 'Cable Matters Gold-Plated DisplayPort to HDMI Male to Female Adapter'.

3. Zogger

Mobster

it may work. People have had varying results. So you'd probably be better off using the displayport -> hdmi adapter for whatever is currently in your HDMI port, then plug your rift directly in to HDMI.

4. Surfer

Capodecina

Yes works. But as above put your vr through the hdmi and your monitor through dp

5. Kieran

Wise Guy

I hope you don't mind me hyjacking your thread but thought my question is well suited to here.

I also have a GPU with only a single HDMI port which I plan to use for my Rift and my monitor is using displayport so no bother there, but if I want to hook it up to my TV for when friends come over to try out VR, can I run the TV from the onboard HDMI so whatever the player is seeing on the rift it mirrored to the TV? Or will I need to splash out for a adatper to run the TV from the GPU also?

6. FlukeRogi

Wise Guy

I'm sure I've seen posts before where not connecting both your display and the Rift to the graphics cards can cause problems (I think it was to do with the onboard graphics taking over priority wise and then not using your graphics card to actually render things).

7. Born2BSlow

Gangster

I have a monitor on my DVI and the rift on HDMI on the same 980Ti and don't get any issues like that, why would onboard graphics kick in if you have a gfx card? sounds like a weird one to me...

8. Devrij

Capodecina

Because that chap is asking if he can use the motherboard hdmi, powered by his igpu, to display to his tv while using his gpu hdmi for the rift

9. Born2BSlow

Gangster

Ah ok missed that bit...

10. Mirmo

Gangster

Sorry to hijack, thought I'd throw my question in here as it seems relevant.

Rift is in the hdmi port and I use a DVI-HDMI converter for my tv at the same time. Sometimes the rift works without any issues, sometimes it stays black and I have to remove my TV hdmi and DVI adapter for it to work. Anybody else experienced this?