OCZ Agility 3 Benchmark Results

Soldato
hopefully ii will not get this issue my should arrive later this weak , how do you fix such issue you have to flash it to new bios the ssd or something :confused:

Associate
OP
hopefully ii will not get this issue my should arrive later this weak , how do you fix such issue you have to flash it to new bios the ssd or something :confused:

If the problem is the firmware, then I suppose we have just got to wait for OCZ to pull their fingers out and release a new one. Or I could just have a lemon. Either way, I'm not impressed and their is no way I'm messing around with tweaks for something that should just work out of the box.

Associate
Okay here it is again AS SSD uses none compressible data.

Sandforce controllers rely on being able to do on the fly compression on the data you are writing/reading from the drive.

Thus As SSD is showing the sandforce drives in their worst possible scenario. In those cases if your data cannot be compressed then yes your drive will be that bad. However in 99.9% of the cases your drive will be able to compress the data and you will get the ATTO scores.

Associate
OP
Okay here it is again AS SSD uses none compressible data.

Sandforce controllers rely on being able to do on the fly compression on the data you are writing/reading from the drive.

Thus As SSD is showing the sandforce drives in their worst possible scenario. In those cases if your data cannot be compressed then yes your drive will be that bad. However in 99.9% of the cases your drive will be able to compress the data and you will get the ATTO scores.

Ah thanks. At least I know there is nothing wrong with the AS SSD benchmark. Just got to sort out this issue of it locking up every now and again. I've seen a guide to sorting the same issue for the Vertex 3, hopefully it'll work with the Agility 3.

Associate
Looking at a box containing 2.5" loveliness :D Trying to wait till weekend to open so I can spend a day playing, however, temptation!

Also, recommendations on SATA3 controllers? USB 3.0 not a requirement. Current MOBO is R2E.

Many thanks

Associate
Okay slightly generous figure and it really does depend on the data.

I would say most general use data is compressible by the sandforce controller.

I do remember reading that video isn't so don't buy them for video editing workstation.

If my memory serves.

might be wrong.

Associate
I tried the registry tweak aswell. Will see how it goes.

Mine keeps disappearing from bios after a few hours turned off. Have to do a power cycle for it to be seen again..

Izi

Izi

Soldato
Mine has just arrived. Not sure if I CBA to do a fresh install or just restore my current windows to it.

Soldato
Glad this thread is here, well worth reading. I should be having one 60GB delivered today along with a SATA 3 PCI-E card, will post benchmarks, tests, problems etc... here hopefully on Saturday or Sunday.

Associate
Can anyone who already has one confirm if it comes with the 2.5" to 3.5" bracket? The Vertex are advertised having the bracket but can't find anything on the Agility 3.

Mine arrives tomorrow and I don't want to be stuck over the weekend without the bracket.

Associate
Can anyone who already has one confirm if it comes with the 2.5" to 3.5" bracket? The Vertex are advertised having the bracket but can't find anything on the Agility 3.

Mine arrives tomorrow and I don't want to be stuck over the weekend without the bracket.
To be honest, if it doesn't have one just leave it at the bottom of the drive rack. No moving parts means it won't beat itself stupid while working. :)

Back
Top Bottom