OCZ Technology Introduces New Line of Fatal1ty Power Supplies

Soldato
(Sunnyvale, Calif. November 25, 2008) – OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra high performance and high reliability memory and components, today revealed the first power supply models under the Fatal1ty series, offering gamers stable and efficient power for their mainstream or high-end rigs. OCZ is dedicated to delivering premium power solutions, and the Fatal1ty series options are the first step to creating an exceptional gaming system for the unique power and cabling requirements of today’s gamer.

These high-performance power supplies were co-developed with the expertise of Johnathan “Fatal1ty” Wendel, 12-time World champion, to meet the specific needs of fellow gamers. OCZ Fatal1ty Professional Series PSUs feature incredible performance to power the latest graphics cards and hard drives. To meet the needs of a wide range of gamers, OCZ’s Fatal1ty PSUs offer three configuration choices including a non-modular 400W, modular 550W, and a high-performance, +12V single-rail 700W edition.

More details over at www.vortez.co.uk

Interesting to see Fatal1ty and OCZ merge. I wonder how the PSU's will fare? The ratings definately seem strong!

Soldato
After my Abit FP-IN9 Fatal1ty mainboard, which to be generous, was a joke. I wouldn't buy another Fatal1ty branded product. The spec does look ok, but if they need to buy in branding.... perhaps the unit doesn't stack up on merit alone.

AD

Associate
I can understand his brand when applied to gaming mice and headsets and the like but umm, a power supply? This part in particular made me chuckle:

These high-performance power supplies were co-developed with the expertise of Johnathan “Fatal1ty” Wendel.

What a guy!

Soldato

Most if not all the products currently on the market banded with his name fall short of there promised deliverance, the bloke knows how to play games, he may play them well but he plays games, his input in sound card development and power supply stability will be exactly nil. Keeping this fact in mind any product branded with his name isnt branded because he is a genius tech guy with a knowledge that develops products of outstanding quality, they are branded with his name to sell them.
only thing i can think of is they cant sell on there own merits compared to other similar class products on the market.
So my question to you is WHY?

Soldato
Stating the obvious - Johnathan “Fatal1ty” Wendel is a marketing gimmick/joke.

The advertising is one big joke.

I would still purchase a “Fatal1ty” though if it was a good product.

Soldato
Looks like someones copying Creative and sticking “Fatal1ty” on it may appeal to the younger audience that haven't seen through the hype yet.
Having said that it may well be a good product but the fact that some of the money you pay for it goes to him leaves a taste.

Soldato
OP
Most if not all the products currently on the market banded with his name fall short of there promised deliverance, the bloke knows how to play games, he may play them well but he plays games, his input in sound card development and power supply stability will be exactly nil. Keeping this fact in mind any product branded with his name isnt branded because he is a genius tech guy with a knowledge that develops products of outstanding quality, they are branded with his name to sell them.
only thing i can think of is they cant sell on there own merits compared to other similar class products on the market.
So my question to you is WHY?

Well I agree with you, and the chap your post but there are loads of marketing ploys out there which are really just trying to get you to invest. Of course he's probably just a gamer and has no idea how to engineer a power supply or understand the makeup of one even. Never the less, there have been some good and bad products released under the fatal1ty brand and OCZ are a leader in RAM and other components so I think It's going to be interesting what comes about.

Associate
I don't suppose anyone knows the answer to the key question?

Who is the OEM?

They have a red LED, so the heart immediatly sinks...

Obviously aimed at the kiddies market with the bling and fatality, and likely to be the usual OCZ PSU build quality ie crap.

I just hope they don't start screwing around with Pc Power and Cooling, and ruin them.

Associate
It is getting rather ridiculous now, as far as I know he as his name on, a motherboard, sound card, mouse, headset, case, heatsink, I think a graphics card and now a psu, soon you can pretty much build a pc that has his name on every component and periheral.

Soldato
It is getting rather ridiculous now, as far as I know he as his name on, a motherboard, sound card, mouse, headset, case, heatsink, I think a graphics card and now a psu, soon you can pretty much build a pc that has his name on every component and periheral.

lol bet hes just trying to build a pc with his name all over it so he can say its his pc

Associate
Strange how this market is dominated by just one name, cant think of the last time I heard him do anything spectacular. There must be more than one person out there, not that I'm a fan of the mass re-branding of existing priducts but a little competition never hurts

Soldato
OP
I've not heard of him compete for a while now, there are no achievements since 2006 on his website. Not sure what game he's playing at the moment but I'm sure he's doing well, he seems to be able to pick up any game and be very successful with it.

It's obviously a marketing scheme this, but most things are. OCZ are a good brand so It will be interested to see how they fare! :)

Back
Top Bottom