• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Odd 4870X2 lockup

Soldato
Overall I'm really happy with my X2 but I've had a couple of hard locks in windows.

On one occasion I had a Youtube video open, MPClassic and WoW in window mode. Now my system hard locked but I just put it down to the combination of videos/WOW.

That was yesterday - now I had WoW open in window mode and I was installing Oblivion. I went away and when I came back the game had installed fine but my system had locked. It's really odd because it doesn't happen frequently :confused:

Soldato
I thought my X2 / drivers were causing me the odd bluescreen/lockup lately.

Turns out my hdd was bad. Now it's probably not what's happening in your case, but I thought I should mention it anyway.

Associate
had this sort of problem for a while would get BSOD and hardlocks at random found out that it was my HDD which was realy strange as one of my sata's had snap and was just about touching and every now and then would lock :p

Best thing to do is Run some beachmarks on a loop for a few hours and mem test
if it locks during the gameplay tests its GFX card maybe or if its loading memory or harddrive

Back
Top Bottom