Odd Z690 Alderlake issue. Narrowed it down to CPU or Motherboard

Associate
Hello, bit of a stange one, I dont think I've ever asked for help on here ever.

But its probably the strangest hardware issue i've had to date. been happening for the last couple of months while gaming.

On occasion all of my monitors losing display, and the graphics cards fans are spinning up. There is no set time, it jsut happens.

What i have tried...

I replaced the power supply and also tried a different graphics card. (2080ti and a 6800xt) both do the same thing.

Now what was interesting when i put my 6800xt back in, i plugged my second monitor into my intel GPU, when the black screen crash happened again, i noticed that the intel gpu display was still on and not only that but windows was still operational.

I got into device manager and found the 6800xt was not in device manager anymore, it was almost like the card lost its connection to the board. Almost like it lost connection to the Bus

I have bought a new mothboard thinking it could be that. but Theres some doubt in the back of my mind now, could it be the processor that is at fault? as the PCIE slot on the processor is linked to the CPU and not the chipset on the motherboard.

The intel Diagnostic tool does not support Alderlake, that is something I have tried. Any advice please? anything i can do to isolate the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
Tried forcing PCI-e mode in the BIOS?
BIOS is on the latest version?

I doubt it would be a monitor problem, but is it always when the specific 2nd monitor is plugged in that it happens?

Associate
OP
Sorry I forgot to mention I have 3 moniors, a 4k 144hz, 1440p 180hz and 1080 144hz

All three turn off when the graphics card disconnects from the Bus. Just so happens when I connect them to the igpu they do not turn off.

Back
Top Bottom