Odyssey G9 HDR - how to turn it off

Soldato
OK bit of a confusing one, I've had my Samsung Odyssey G9 for a couple of months now hooked up to my Nvidia 3080FE via the displayport. Boot it up today and I noticed windows looks "burnt", for some reason the displayport input on the monitor pops up with the (HDR) brackets when it turns on indicating HDR is enabled.

Looking in Display Settings -> Windows HD Colour settings and there isn't even an option to turn HDR on/off.

How do I stop this, MY EYES!

EDIT: I've moved the displayport cable over to one of the other displayport outputs on the 3080 and now it seems to be in SDR?!?

EDIT 2: OK totally bizarre switched back to other DP output, still in HDR, then did a windows reboot and back to SDR! If all else fails turn it off and on again!

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry to hijack this, but I'm wondering if anyone can please help me as I'm a newbie. I am using razer blade pro 17 with 2080 super (4K) version, so I believe this one only does 120Hz max. Having being able to enable HDR, I'm having a couple issues.
1. for some reason, it doesn't wanna do 120Hz, it kept being stuck on 60Hz
2. No audio coming out of the monitor.

I'm only using HDMI to HDMI cable to connect the 2, not sure if I should be using USB c (thunderbolt) to DP or Thunderbolt to HDMI to get what I need to work?

Any advise be much appreciated. Cheers

Associate
Sorry to hijack this, but I'm wondering if anyone can please help me as I'm a newbie. I am using razer blade pro 17 with 2080 super (4K) version, so I believe this one only does 120Hz max. Having being able to enable HDR, I'm having a couple issues.
1. for some reason, it doesn't wanna do 120Hz, it kept being stuck on 60Hz
2. No audio coming out of the monitor.

I'm only using HDMI to HDMI cable to connect the 2, not sure if I should be using USB c (thunderbolt) to DP or Thunderbolt to HDMI to get what I need to work?

Any advise be much appreciated. Cheers

What are you connecting it to? Are you using a HDMI 2.1 cable?

Higher frame rate 4k resolution is typically limited to using the right type of HDMI cable or at least display port 1.4. You again need to check the ports on the laptop / screen you are connecting to support one of these.

Back
Top Bottom