Office 2007 Home and Student Edition

Soldato
Hi

I was thinking of buying this at lunch time - does this come with the disc in the box?

With the old student edition you had to apply for a disk and send proof that you're a student. I'm no longer a student but I cannot afford the full version at £300

As it's described now as Home/Student would I still be eligable to buy it?

Thanks

Alistair

Soldato
I think now anyone can buy Home/Student. The difference between it and the more expensive versions is that it only includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. If you buy retail it comes with the CD, OEM versions do not include the CD.

Soldato
I believe this information has already been posted if you search.
However, basically:

The name of the product has been changed, it is no longer Student/Teacher rather Home/Student.
You don't have to be a student to qualify to use this license - it is also aimed at the home user too.
Make sure that you are aware of what packages it comes with and that it will give you all you need - note it doesn't come with Outlook for example.
A single purchase of this package can be installed on up to three computers in your house hold.
So this really is the ultimate way of getting Word, Excel & Powerpoint on 3 machines at home.

Box contains everything you need to install and no, you don't need to prove anything to anyone as the license isn't as restrictive as it used to be.
With regards getting paperwork signed by teachers - you're showing how long ago you must have bought a Student/Teacher edition as they stopped the need for that with the Student/teacher edition of Office 2003.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for your quick replies

Sorry about the repost - I didn't try a search

The last one I bought was Office 2000, so yes that was a while ago!

Outlook and Access would be nice but I've got Outlook 2003 and Access 2000 so they'll probably be fine. As I'm no longer at uni I don't really need Access at home and I use Googlemail so the webclient is fine for my needs

That's good news about being able to install it on three PCs at once - that means that I could have it on my laptop and home PC at the same time

Seems a sensible move by Microsoft - not everyone can afford the full whack for Office!

Back
Top Bottom