1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Office Chair vs. Gaming Chair

Discussion in 'Gaming Chairs' started by Spils, 29 Dec 2020.

1. Fluffybob

Hitman

2. dave28

Wise Guy

i use a very old executive chair made by evertaut, modern ones are very bad in comparisson unless very expensive.

if your lucky you can find better chairs in old furniture shops etc

3. ElijahMoreira

Associate

I just love the feel of a gaming chair, I guess it just comes down to personal preference.

4. MatteRB26

Gangster

At the office I had a Herman Miller Aeron and hated it. It was never quite right and always felt too big. Tried adjusting it but couldn't get it right and fit close enough/under the desk.

Since working from home, I got work to buy a Noblechairs Epic and it's much more comfortable - especially for those loooong meetings where I can recline it right back and gentle swing myself to sleep awake.

5. GloriousMess

Gangster

I've got an old Aeron and while it's fine for the most part, my fondest memories of comfort are from a £300 John Lewis executive chair. That thing was great and really nice for all sorts of sitting positions. Pity the fake leather fell apart after a while, otherwise I'd still have it.

6. MatteRB26

Gangster

I simply couldn't get the Aeron comfortable... It always felt way too big and could never get the back into a good position, it was too far away. In order to properly use the support I had to be so deep into the chair it felt horrible

7. GloriousMess

Gangster

Understandable, but the design is intended for you to sit deep. It should support your back when upright and cup you when you lean back. It took a while for me to get used to it and when I did, it made working in the office must more enjoyable.

At home I tend to fidget more so I'm wondering if an Aeron is still the best choice.

8. kindai

Sgarrista

Try a steelcase instead. I love my gesture, absolutely amazing.

9. Changesx

Gangster

Finding an office chair is proving difficulty I might just have to take one from the office at work

10. BriT

Mobster

One screw has snapped on my nitro concept chair, rather than buy a new chair what size are the screws i need?

11. Dominic-Toretto

Wise Guy

Purchased a Herman Miller Aeron today after reading the various threads in this section. Very happy with my purchase!

12. midweek

Gangster

You won't regret it. I've had mine for a good few months now and it is such a good chair.

13. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

Still waiting for my herman miller Mirra 2 to turn up. Definitely feel a proper ergonomic office chair is the way to go. Not personally a fan of gaming chairs.

14. nine_tails

Hitman

Leap here , going strong after 4 years. Got a used one as well.

15. Changesx

Gangster

Can anyone recommend a decent office chair for ideally around the £100 mark? Thanks in advance

16. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

You won't get anything even half decent for that price, I know from experience. Try and up that to at least £200 and go for a refurb.

17. robj20

Capodecina

Going to Ikea today, what is the chair from there that people recommend.

18. exhashdotdot

Wise Guy

Tbh, it's either the jarvfjallet or bust.

19. Robbo

Capo Crimine

The Markus is a very good chair - I know it's a bit generic and not 'trendy' - but I've tried many and can't fault it, especially at the price.

20. midweek

Gangster

Apparently IKEA are about to start doing a ROG line of chairs from October.