Poll: Official 2024 Chinese Grand Prix Race Thread - Shanghai International Circuit - Race 5/24

Rate the China race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your words not mine. I'm saying that the winner isn't always driver of the day, and can in fact be difficult to win driver of the day when you have have no competition or challenge.

Again, not sure what DotD has to do with Lewis' titles, you seem a little obsessed with him. I will say though that it clearly wasn't the same situation, 14-16 Lewis was challenged by a top driver who beat Schumacher in the same car, and 17-19 and 21 Lewis didn't have a dominant car.

Let be honest though "comeback" Schumacher was a shadow of the driver he was when he retired at arguably his peak in 2006

To be fair his car was pretty crap, very different to what he had previously driven and his old tricks didn’t work anymore. If he had waited a few more years the cars would have become even easier to drive and many of his tricks would have been acceptable again.

I would have liked to see him in one of the Championship challenging Merc's anyway!

Did not watch the race but all I can say is I think Lewis has timed his move away from Merc just right, they seem genuinely lost with these ground effect cars.

I think the most worrying thing for Mercedes is that they just don't seem to understand why the car does what it does; that's 3 years now where they've built a dog of a car and then completely failed to be able to improve it as they just don't understand how its working - I can understand why a driver would jump ship when the engineers/designers clearly are struggling.

I see Aston Martin are reporting they'll have some upgrades for the front end in Miami; wonder what difference that'll make to the car's already decent performance.
Stroll to get the new parts first; here's the images from the wind tunnel:

Whats-App-Image-2024-04-23-at-13-52-44-ad1ed545.jpg

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Whenever there's any argument/debate/controversy about anything in F1...Lewis is talked about. Horner having an affair...Lewis is brought into it. A driver winning...compare to Lewis. Something about something....Lewis.

How many titles does George have I forgot?

George very much seems to be living off his "excellent championship winning F2 season"; if I was Toto I would be desperate to get an experienced, fast driver in to replace Lewis - someone with experience developing a car as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom