Official Asus X58 Motherboard Lineup Explained

Associate
Hi Guys just thought id clarify our X58 range for you as there has been some confusion with the recent changes.

Rampage II Extreme - Exclusive array of ultimate Overclocking features, Bios, and ultimate platform design for the best possible overclocking and gaming performance.

P6TD Deluxe: No SAS, But adds Extreme Design Platform, with improved PCB Design, Overclocking features, solid capacitors, and True Extreme Phase power design for an overanll Cooler, More stable design.
EOL: P6T Deluxe + OC Palm same As P6T Deluxe adds External OC Palm Unit.
EOL: P6T Deluxe Adds SAS onboard
Last Buy: P6T Deluxe V2: Adds Quad SLI Support/Quad CF Support,16+2 Phase Power, 2GB Lan, Wind Flow Stack Cool 2.

P6T: adds, 3 Way SLI/Quad CF support, Drive Expert technology for easy Raid.

P6T SE: 8+2 Phase Power, HeatPipe Stack Cool 2, Express Gate on HDD, Quad CF Support, 1GB Lan.

Extreme Design explanation.

Xtreme Performance:
True Extreme Phase Power for the CPU/VRM upto 16+2 for X58 Platform and upto 24+2 for P55 Platform.
Turbo V Software for Tuning within Windows
Turbo Key for 5% overclock via front panel button [power]

Xtreme Stability:
True Solid Capacitors
Stack Cool 3+ PCB Design with 8 Layerd PCB+ 2 Layers of Copper forp upto 13% lower MB temps over the competition.

Xtreme Safety:
Anti-EMI Component level design to reduce the Electro Magnetic Interferance below the industry standard.

Every model that you see the ''D'' in the partcode means it is built on this design, for example P5QD TURBO, P6TD DELUXE or M4A77TD PRO...

For a full understanding of the Concept please visit http://event.asus.com/mb/Xtreme_Design

Thanks
AsusRep
:D

Soldato
If you tell us what bsck they're capable of and whether you've managed to stop turbo throttling on the P6T boards we'll be happy.

You can say Extreme and True as much as you like, without any benchmarks or cpu-z validations the information is empty. I want to know if it can clock a given processor higher than the gigabyte UD5 you're in competition with, not whether it has True Extreme Phase Power or not.

I look forward to your reply
Cheers :)

Associate
Hi

In Feb 09 Intel revised their X58 chipset SLGBT (B2) to SLGMX (B3) stepping with initial chip production April 09.

Out of curiousity when might we expect boards with the X58 B3 stepping?

Would the P6TD Deluxe boards have the new X58 B3 stepping?

It would seem that ASUS has released two revision 1.00g and 1.02g someone is trying to find out differences between them. His board 1.00g does not have the floppy interface. is this correct?

Can you please help me on the question below as well

I am looking for LGA1366 i7 MB that will take 6 sticks and still will give a good O/C on a i7 920, that is a good price. Can the P6TD Deluxe boards support 12gb (6x2GB)

Memory I will be using on MB, OCZ 12GB Kit (6x2048) PC3-12800 RAM Low Voltage CL 8-8-8-24 with the gold XTC Heatspreader

Thanks

Simon

Last edited:
Associate
Hi

I am looking for LGA1366 i7 MB that will take 6 sticks and still will give a good O/C on a i7 920, that is a good price.

I am in exactly the same position.

I really like some of the extra features on LGA1156 boards for an equivalent cost, but 12GB versus 8GB is the decider for me.

Associate
Hey,

The multiplier throttling is something incorporated to help protect the lifetime of the Motherboard and CPU.

It's likely that it's caused by the CPU's power overloading. According to Intel's recommendation, in order to protect the CPU itself the VRM should provide a loading signal to CPU to monitor how large the loading current is. All ASUS P6T series have this feature implemented.

When you're overclocking to 4Ghz+ on air cooling, the "true" power consumption is pretty high. The CPU finds that the loading is exceeding it's internal criteria, so it disables turbo mode and moves back to a normal core ratio.

(On a 920 the core ratio will drop down to 20 from 21).

Rampage II Extreme/GENE has a different hardware design of the VRM area, so when you disable "CPU Turbo Power Limit" in BIOS Setup there is a much lower risk of damage. It's also why the Rampage II Extreme / GENE are considerably better at overclocking.

Other manufacturers may choose not to incorporate this feature, which might explain the difference.

Cheers,

VK

Edit - There is a new P6X58D Premium motherboard due soon which will disable TDP Protection inside the BIOS (It follows the same VRM design of the Rampage boards) so that'll be one to look out for.

Last edited:
Associate
Edit - There is a new P6X58D Premium motherboard due soon which will disable TDP Protection inside the BIOS (It follows the same VRM design of the Rampage boards) so that'll be one to look out for.

As I am on the brink of ordering a P6TD Deluxe do you have any ideas of when this will be available and details of its specification/where it fits in the range?

Also will it be better for running 12GB RAM as I've read about quite a few issues with the P6T Deluxe and P6TD Deluxe boards with 12GB?

Associate
I'm running a P6T with 12GB of RAM on my test bench without any issues, what speed RAM are you running? This is running with Corsair Platinum XMS3 1333 @ 9-9-9-24 (stock speeds).

The Premium board will sit at the very top of the range and I'd guess that it also will have USB 3.0 / SATA 6G...

As for a release date, I'm not sure I'm afraid - I'll try and find out. :)

-VK-

Associate
I'm running a P6T with 12GB of RAM on my test bench without any issues, what speed RAM are you running? This is running with Corsair Platinum XMS3 1333 @ 9-9-9-24 (stock speeds).

The Premium board will sit at the very top of the range and I'd guess that it also will have USB 3.0 / SATA 6G...

As for a release date, I'm not sure I'm afraid - I'll try and find out. :)

-VK-
P7P55D-E Premium and P6X58D Premium

Associate
I'm very happy with my Asus P6T, except for 1 thing:

I can't get to 200BCLK. Whatever I try. It may be that I'm limited by my air cooler, but right now I'm running at 195 and everything is ok (been running prime for 12 hours). But if I set it to 200, boom, restarts galore. And I'm afraid to increase the QPI voltage of ~1.425v

Back
Top Bottom